800Wh battery available in Canada now...

Agreed, as I said there should be a choice. Some people want the 500 because it's cheaper and lighter, others want the 800 for the range, and others want something in between. It would be nice if Giant gave purchasers a choice.

It puzzles me that Giant do not offer that new battery on their compatible e-bikes from factory... That would make selling those products easier.
It's in the limited and probably will be in future models as it becomes more readily available. It's higher spec just like other components such as cassettes you don't see the higher spec cassettes available on all the models, do you? Hopefully it will be an option in the near future!

I need long range. 500Wh is not enough for my need. 625Wh I'm not sure.
I think I'd hold out for the 800 but the 625 does make a useable difference. Having 2 batteries to swap in and out makes good cents but, is a bit 💲💲

Giant themselves give the list of compatible bikes with the 800Wh battery. Why not offer those models with the choice for the customer?

Giant themselves give the list of compatible bikes with the 800Wh battery. Why not offer those models with the choice for the customer?
If you ask the right person and if it's available, they might be able to order it with the larger battery without charging the full price on top of the price with the smaller battery or the dealer could give discount to take a little bit of the sting out of ordering the additional battery. I think that Giant may very well offer it as an option in the future remember it's fairly new at this point.

It's great for the Pev business that there customers willing to buy this packs and raising no questions regarding the pricing/wh. Ty folks.

Buzzkilldownerbummer... cheers

I agree, the prixe is right . Let's round it up to 2000$/800wh.

One top EV battery pack of 81 kwh has 4680 of 18650 cells @3.7v, 15 amps discharge, 4500mahs and it costs 9-10k.

U do themath.

Letmehelpuoutboomer:
It comes out to 123.45679$/KWH

Did we got punked by the Ebike conglomerate industry ?

Will u still click buy on that Giant 800wh pack for only 2000$ ??

Rmbr. i rounded up the price for ur safety and a flawless transaction.

Attachments

• 872FFC9E-1777-4C5E-81B5-8B4EA8746D38.png
    872FFC9E-1777-4C5E-81B5-8B4EA8746D38.png
    216.8 KB · Views: 164
I agree, the prixe is right . Let's round it up to 2000$/800wh.

One top EV battery pack of 81 kwh has 4680 of 18650 cells @3.7v, 15 amps discharge, 4500mahs and it costs 9-10k.

U do themath.

Letmehelpuoutboomer:
It comes out to 123.45679$/KWH

Did we got punked by the Ebike conglomerate industry ?

Will u still click buy on that Giant 800wh pack for only 2000$ ??

Rmbr. i rounded up the price for ur safety and a flawless transaction.
Let it go.

As one would expect definite range increase. It doesn't even weigh that much more. Rode it all the way to work and back and didn't even drop one bar. Normally I drop one bar about 1/4 the way back. Next year I'm hoping to climb MT Washington on it.
Nice!
One day when I feel better and the weather doesn't suck I want to see how far it'll take me!

Back