72 Year Old Thinking About a Rad Power Mini

John O’Rourke

I am a 72 year old male thinking about buying a Rad Power Mini. Most of my riding would be street and well trodden trails. If there are owners out there matching this profile, I would appreciate your advice.

How long did it take for your bike to arrive?

Thank you!

That probably depends on where you are? Rad HQ is for me 30 mi. away as the crow flies, 2 hr. drive around the Sound.
My bike, ( not Rad ) arrived from Seattle the day after I ordered. Research thoroughly before committing. EBR has a wide,
very comprehensive range of reviews of prices, specs, & types of bikes for you to pick what best suits your needs.

I am a 72 year old male thinking about buying a Rad Power Mini. Most of my riding would be street and well trodden trails. If there are owners out there matching this profile, I would appreciate your advice.

Thank you!
Don't know where you're located, but in St.Louis, MO we have lots of great places to ride.

Thank you!
I'm 71 and bought a Rad Rover step through last April. My riding is basically the same as yours and the bike is perfect for me. I live on the east coast and had the bike in about two weeks after I placed my order. The bike was in stock though.

Thank you!

I'm 67 and I've put 2,200 miles on my 2019 Radmini - It's been a great bike with no problems - But, if I were buying my first ebike right now, I think I'd opt for the Radrover Step Thru - I'm thinkin' it's not gonna get any easier climbing onto a high step bike - And I like those tall fat tires - My sister-in-law has a Radmini Step Thru and it's a sweet bike too, in case you're kinda shortish - Anyway, depending on your size, I'd pick one of those two step thru models - You're gonna love having an ebike - I'm in Alaska and had to pay for shipping, but it was still here in a week

Do you plan on taking the bike places or just riding from home? If you plan on taking it places some of this will depend on your strength. My son owns a RadMini 4. I own a RadRover 5. When I lift my RadRover onto my Hollywood bike rack, I'm only lifting the front or the rear of the bikes weight at a time. Not the full weight of the bike. With a RadMini you will have to lift the entire 67 lbs into your vehicle. I've tried both... putting the RadRover 5 on the Hollywood rack is way easier. (and lighter).

Back