6 cables from front hub motor

fons1

Region
Europe
I had a broken front hub motor with 6 wires : 3 thick and 3 thin

i bought an occasion front hub motor , same brand but different connection position of the six wires.

How do i connect this , what do i have to measure ?

Many thanks

Usually in english, a cable is a product sold by the foot with several wires bound in one jacket or bundle.
The fat blue yellow green wires go to the phase wires of the controller, same color.
The thin blue yellow green should go to the thin blue yellow green of the hall effect pickup inputs to the controller.
There should also be a thin red & black wire, to power the hall effect sensors. Usually the 5 thin wires are in 5 of 6 holes of a 6 pin rectangular connector. You have to match the colors, although 3 brands of hub motors have used the same color location in the block. If the new motor has the round juli connector and the controller has the 6 pin rectangular connector, you have to buy an adapter from ebay or (a mythical generic ebike parts supplier. The only ebike parts suppliers I've found in USA carry bosch or bafang parts, whoopie). Watch carefully, the first adapter I bought had the wrong sex of juli connector. The adapter cables also come in 4 lengths, too short. much too short, way way too short, and just barely enough.

Last edited:
Hello many many thanks for your answer, in fact i included now the two conne ctors from the 2 wheels, the one with the 3 thick cables next to each other is the broken wheel. Kind regards , Alfons
f9590k97tba31.jpg
zd2ou08z5gk61.jpg

Pins would be the correct description. You’re going to need to cut and use the old connector on the new motor to match the connector to the controller.

Hello

Problem solved, the internal cables of the two cables in the 2 pictures are completely the same and i already connected the hub motor.
ALL OK

Many thanks for replies.

Back