6.5 mile commute (including 2 mile dirt trail)

Hi all,

I take the train to work (Amtrak) and I'm getting over taking uber everyday from the train station to work. It's a 6.5 mile ride with about 1.5-2 mile dirt trail. The ride will be mostly flat. I personally like mountain bikes. I am looking for a dual suspension mid-drive mountain ebike that can take a rear rack for holding my 2 laptops. Dual quick release would be a plus. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

I agree with @Rincon. Personally, I use a backpack to carry my stuff on my full-suspension Haibike. Most cargo bikes would have no trouble with 2 miles of dirt trail... But most cargo bikes don't have dual suspension.

Thule does make a modular bike rack that can be attached to the front forks of a bike (or rear...modular!). It would be a good option for a full sus bike.

Hi all,

I take the train to work (Amtrak) and I'm getting over taking uber everyday from the train station to work. It's a 6.5 mile ride with about 1.5-2 mile dirt trail. The ride will be mostly flat. I personally like mountain bikes. I am looking for a dual suspension mid-drive mountain ebike that can take a rear rack for holding my 2 laptops. Dual quick release would be a plus. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

I love my Riese & Muller Delite Mountain because it is a full suspension eMTB with an optional rack. (I don't like wearing backpacks and I often use my bikes for errands, etc.) The rack is part of the suspension, so your laptops will get a smooth ride too :) I also really like the built in lights and dual water bottle holders. (You can see more about what I like in the review I did for our website.)

If you don't plan on doing a lot of trail riding, they also make the Delite GT Nuvinci and Delite GX Rohloff with fenders that are more for commuting/touring, but I use my Delite Mountain for that as well.

Back