Turbo tero x - Tcd mastermind loses data randomly

niko83

Region
Europe
Good morning, We have 2 turbo tero x (5.0 and 6.0) and both have same problem. Sometimes, randlomy, our display tcd mastermind, lose data (clock, partial distance..) and we don't know why. The clock return to "2.00" and it remain always at this time.
The kilometers reset to zero but then start counting again.

It can happen 1 or 2 time in one month or only 1 time in 3 months. In both ebike. In any % of battery they are, there is no rule.
No upgrade firmware available.
Never specialized dealer can help us.

Some of you have some idea for this problem?

Thank you

Ps. In photo my display at this moment

IMG_4421.jpeg

They (I have ask to multiple dealer) say that there isn't available any software update, for both ebike. So they don't know why I have this problem. And in No european forum I found some other guy with the my same problem. It is very strage.

I only noticed one thing : If I Charge my battery outside ebike, this problem Never happens.

I am very disappointed

There must be something very wrong in both Tero X on the electrical side, as we have Tero X users here and nobody has reported a similar issue. The attitude of the dealers you mentioned is the most disappointing: they should file a report to the upper tier of Specialized and try resolving the thing.

Not sure how Specialized Rider Care works in Europe? Can you file a complaint there?

I would look first to your step by step process of how you plug in and charge the bikes with the battery in the bike vs when you take the battery out. You have two bikes, different models, probably different times of manufacture and no one else reporting the same symptoms. Are you using the same power supply or to charge each bike or are you charging each with it's own charger? If you remove the battery do you use the same wall socket etc. Is there some other equipment on the same circuit? Maybe even keep a log book to see if you can find a pattern. Intermittent errors can be exceptionally hard to diagnose.

I would look first to your step by step process of how you plug in and charge the bikes with the battery in the bike vs when you take the battery out. You have two bikes, different models, probably different times of manufacture and no one else reporting the same symptoms. Are you using the same power supply or to charge each bike or are you charging each with it's own charger? If you remove the battery do you use the same wall socket etc. Is there some other equipment on the same circuit? Maybe even keep a log book to see if you can find a pattern. Intermittent errors can be exceptionally hard to diagnose.

Yes, I confirm. I have 2 different ebikes, but I use the same original 4A charger for both. Random wall sockets, both with the battery in and when I take it out. The tcd display is identical for both ebikes as are all the rest of the electronics. Very little changes. This 'reset' actually happens more often when I have finished charging them. But I remember very well that it happens occasionally when the charger is not being used at all. For example, I stop for 5 minutes in a shop, switch the ebike back on and everything has reset. Tomorrow I will try to call the specialized service, but as you say these random errors are difficult to resolve. I'll start by changing the power supply. In the diagnosis of the ebike it never gives any error.

No, actually never. On none of the bikes..they both started doing it 1 or 2 months after purchase. They are from November 2023. That can't be the problem, I don't want to believe it.

Back