Yamaha battery seems difficult to source and is a tad expensive....

connkall

Region
USA
City
Wellington
So im picking up my Crosscore RC today but I notice that the battery for these seems a bit hard to find. It appears to work on 4 particular models (CrossCore RC, Wabash RT, Moro and Moro Pro).
MPN: X1V-82110-00-00
SKU : YAM-X1V-82110-00-00

I see some sketchy online parts places selling them, most say out of stock and it seems like no one makes any reasonable knockoffs.

Now I'm getting the extra free battery with the current promotion (free battery & 5 year warranty extension) but don't really know what to do with it. I don't think i'll use the bike enough to need it but I feel I should hold onto it because the price is unjustifiably high for a new one. And letting it just sit around and never get used does not help it either as we know batteries degrade over time. I obviously could rotate them but....

So for the folks with Yamaha, how has the battery been and did you purchase a new one? And is everyone okay with that crazy high price of $1400+for these things?
I assume I'll keep this bike for a while and I'd hate for the battery to be obsolete and impossible to acquire within a few years.

Attachments

• Capturebat1.JPG
    Capturebat1.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 9
Alternate your use of the batteries. That will solve the long term storage issue.

High battery cost and limited availability is normal and part of the cost you pay when you buy a big name brand like this.
Just buy another RC, the whole bike with 2 batteries is only 1200 right now.
Wow that sure does look like a product line that is in the process of being put out to pasture. YDX Moro Pro was 5499 now 2199. 60% off.

Assuming those prices come from a real dealer not a scam site.

Back