New S-Works Creo 1

MinnBobber

Awaiting delivery on a new 2022 S-Works Creo .
SRAM Red build, Di2 on current bikes so this should be interesting .

Do you like your SRAM red?
Any suggestions for needed changes?
Any rec on flat pedals with adjustable nubs or not to aggressive spikes?

Usually wear 510 Pros.
Mount for I phone ?
How is stock seat?

IMG_6822.png

Awaiting delivery on a new 2022 S-Works Creo .
SRAM Red build, Di2 on current bikes so this should be interesting .

Do you like your SRAM red?
Any suggestions for needed changes?
Any rec on flat pedals with adjustable nubs or not to aggressive spikes?

Usually wear 510 Pros.
Mount for I phone ?
How is stock seat?

congrats! very nice bike, always liked that red-black colorway.

also a di2 guy, so no input on RED, but to your other points, if you're not riding serious off-road i like the various sp-connect mounts better than quad-lock for a creo. if you're a paranoid type there's a version with a little bit of shock absorbing material (the MTB version) that isn't too bulky. https://sp-connect.com/collections/bicycle

the s-works power saddle is nice. i upgraded mine (it's what came on my s-works aethos) to the s-works romin evo with mirror. there are three great mirror saddles in the same range, power, romin, phenom. depends on the shape of your butt and legs, but i like the mirror saddles a lot. i don't like the hover bars since i prefer more drop and a more aero position, so i'd change those out too. i went with the alpinist cockpit but that's personal preference.

i wouldn't ride a creo on the road with 510s, they're incredibly bulky and heavy and sweaty. maybe you're riding gravel or dirt mostly? the s-works creo is very well specified, few or no "needed" changes. the terra wheels are fantastic. i'd add a SWAT mount for a garmin varia, the garmin varia itself, clipless pedals (unless you're riding dirt), the sp-connect for your phone, a bottle cage, and go tubeless unless you only ride the bike very rarely.

also a di2 guy, so no input on RED, but to your other points, if you're not riding serious off-road i like the various sp-connect mounts better than quad-lock for a creo. if you're a paranoid type there's a version with a little bit of shock absorbing material (the MTB version) that isn't too bulky. https://sp-connect.com/collections/bicycle

the s-works power saddle is nice. i upgraded mine (it's what came on my s-works aethos) to the s-works romin evo with mirror. there are three great mirror saddles in the same range, power, romin, phenom. depends on the shape of your butt and legs, but i like the mirror saddles a lot. i don't like the hover bars since i prefer more drop and a more aero position, so i'd change those out too. i went with the alpinist cockpit but that's personal preference.

i wouldn't ride a creo on the road with 510s, they're incredibly bulky and heavy and sweaty. maybe you're riding gravel or dirt mostly? the s-works creo is very well specified, few or no "needed" changes. the terra wheels are fantastic. i'd add a SWAT mount for a garmin varia, the garmin varia itself, clipless pedals (unless you're riding dirt), the sp-connect for your phone, a bottle cage, and go tubeless unless you only ride the bike very rarely.
Thank you as very helpful .
Will rethink my 510 shoes as I just equated flat pedals on my mountain bike equals 510 so flat pedals here, but will rethink the whole thing.
I am a speed player zero guy so those are horseshit for walking off the bike.
I really like the flexibility of just flat shoes, but thinking about it.

I will be 95% road.
A big reason that made me search out a creol one versus a two

Thank you as very helpful .
Will rethink my 510 shoes as I just equated flat pedals on my mountain bike equals 510 so flat pedals here, but will rethink the whole thing.
I am a speed player zero guy so those are horseshit for walking off the bike.
I really like the flexibility of just flat shoes, but thinking about it.

I will be 95% road.
A big reason that made me search out a creol one versus a two

yeah, my creo usage was 95% road too. speedplays on all my bikes, nanos on my aethos and zeros on the others. i don't find them that bad to walk in, obviously you don't want to walk long distances or anything but no problem walking to the bike, in a shop, getting a snack, a rest break, fixing a mechanical, etc. didn't like flat pedals on the creo except for single track / big gravel, where i used the smaller stamp 1 (cheap, small for reduced pedal strikes from a platform pedal, and even fairly light at 321g per pair. the top of line stamp 11 in large actually weigh more! even though i have big feet (US 12-13) i found the small pedals were a good fit for a road-ish bike like the creo. i used them with 510s also, but the combo of that and gravel/dirt tires made me feel like i was riding a cement mixer by comparison to the specialized exos road shoes, zeros, and gp5000s. road stuff is road stuff for a reason :D

? Thanks again.
What happens with tubeless if you rarely ride the bike ? Just lose air quicker than with tube?

The sealant dries out over time and will normally lose air quicker than a tubed tire. I check my pressure before every ride. I would never recommend tubeless for a rarely ridden bicycle.
Thanks,
We have Minnesota winters .
And I have other E bikes that will also be ridden.
Sumner, regular use.

How are stock SWorks tires?
Want road oriented, not gravel leaning bias.
Also want flat resistance over last iota of performance.

…..

Thanks again for no to 510 shoes.
I presume SPD but can anyone recommend a quality dbl sided with SPD AND flat pedal?

May want to jump on in tennis shoes to ride 10 miles to store.
Thanks

Oh, changing out stock 30 mm tires to 32s.
Tire recommendations please 😎
95% paved road.
Value flat resistance and ride smoothing and quiet.

2022 S wheels are tubeless ready. Are new air valves needed?

Attachments

• IMG_6928.jpeg
    IMG_6928.jpeg
    272.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6929.jpeg
    IMG_6929.jpeg
    261.7 KB · Views: 11
Back