Air Horns

Wiley Coyote

Region
USA
City
ABQ, New Mexico
Do they make air horns for Ebikes? Seriously, the last two days I have had two cars make a right turn across the bike lane, right freakin in front of me, cutting me of. On one case, I came very close to putting my bike in a skid. Currently, I use a mechanical bell which is fine and quite audible on the bike trails, but appearently I need something louder for street traffic.

Last edited:
I had to panic brake in the rain once and the horrible brake squeal did the job. Maybe add a system for spritzing water on your disc brakes.

This horn is the loudest bicycle horn I could find. It works very well in traffic. 140dB.

As mentioned by foofer above, the AirZound is popular with cyclists, and quite effective as long as you remember to recharge it. The air canister is also a bit clunky, and tricky to mount.

Personally, I use this electric model which also has an alarm feature. It isn't quite as loud as the AirZound but it's more than adequate for the trails I ride.

I just wish these loud horns had an option for a mechanical arm that pops up, so you don't have to take your hand off the bars to flash the car driver the bird. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Velcro'd on to my windbreaker 🙃

Screenshot_20240515_081413_Chrome.jpg

A Handheld Air Horn may do the Trick if you can find or fabricate a Holder for it. Not sure if that would be legal for use in Traffic, This Spring I took one along just in case I have to chase a Bear off the Bushroad while I was coming through.
Cheers

Back