Whom pays for your charge ?

Urbancowboy

Region
Canada
Many eBikers are Homeowners and as such just plug in at home and forget about the cost.

However, many others, perhaps the majority of eBikes Owners reside in Rental Accomodation. If the pay for there own Electricity Bill fine but what about the ones where Electricity is included in their Monthly Apartment Rent where they also plug in the eBike.

What are your thoughts on that ?

Be safe not sorry - UC

UC

Cannot see any problem with either option.

I do a lot of my charging in hotel rooms. No extra charge for electricity use.

On average, it costs around 10 cents to charge an ebike battery. Of course this will vary with electric rates and battery capacity, but keep in mind, we're not talking about a lot of money here.

No issues with charging at home and I have a extra charger at work to top off if needed. I sometime top off at work if I know I'm going to take a detour and need the extra range.

Charging an e-bike battery is as insignificant as charging my phone, as far as electricity consumption, relative to the amount of my monthly power bill. That’s how I see it.

In summer at least, charging is free for us ... solar panels are wonderful things.

What does consume energy is running server farms, making crypto, and pumping water. In California 1/3 of all electricity goes to pumping water. Electric bikes are way at the bottom of the list. Does a landlord care if you make a slice of toast, microwave popcorn, or use a hair dryer?

It is so very cool that you can use daily vital transportation that costs almost nothing compared to making one bag of popcorn once per week.

Back