gloves for stiff fingers

Gordon71

My fingers are starting to get a bit stiff and sore so was looking into compression gloves to help especially when riding. Has anyone tried those?

I have some compression glove Amazon warehouse discards that I use for yard work. Found all around the sidewalk back to town from the warehouse. Lots of people discharged at Amazon. I do not wear those on the bike. I do wash them before use.
I wear $1 polyester/cotton garden gloves typically in warm weather. To keep the skin on my hands if I fall off. Worked at 25 mph onto gravel 2017. Also keep my hands from sunburn. Winter there are 3 grades of warmer gloves, ending with Wells-Lamont farmer mittens.
My fingers do not get sore on the bike. My hands do go numb. Pool floats as handgrips helped, but they made the inside too small to fit over the handlebar about 2018. Nice bright green ones matched my bike paint nicely.

As close as I go to compression style gloves are snug leather gloves for motorcycles. I've found Bilt summer leather gloves from Cycle Gear fit snug when new and once broken in feel perfect. I'm facing the fun issue of my right hand going numb now while "mostly" riding my scooter. It (right hand) will tingle on the ebike.

These are not compression gloves, but my hands are closer to a medium, I bought them in small, they are relatively stiff, and they provide a lot of support. They also have lasted longer than any other fingerless gloves I've owned, and their padding rivals any bike gloves I have tried. I've worn the hell out of them for 18 months, not just on the bike, but also for driving and just to keep my hands warm (I have mild Raynauds.) The velcro is finally getting a little less sticky, but still works! They look a lot like typical Amazon gloves that start fraying in 6 months of use, but for whatever reason, they don't.

I have grade III osteoarthritis in my hands, where the thumb meets the wrist-- metastarsals or whatever-TF. The best solution actually was new grips. With hand problems, yes, you want impact protection, and you want support, so I understand why stiffness is important, and the right gloves do help-- try a few. But getting a handlebar riser for my second bike and modified grips made a huge difference, LMK if you want a link to the parts. Here are the gloves, which-- weirdly-- are not even bike gloves, they are mechanic's gloves:

Back