XP Lite Owners - Wish you had more power?

geekeasy

Region
USA
I'm looking for an e-bike that I can easily move on and off a boat. So getting something that's light weight is a huge priority.

I'm getting very close to possibly buying a XP Lite, but my one hesitation is that after I get it I'll want something with more power. In part, I may have made the mistake of test riding a fully unlocked Super 72 S2.

So, do you wish that your XP Lite had more power?

I appreciate any advice....

I have a lite, that replaced my xp (too heavy). The lite is a reasonable compromise if you want a simple somewhat light weight somewhat decent speed handy ebike with ok range that folds for stowing at a really great price for what you get. There are lighter and better stowing bikes but they will have less power and range than the Lectric. There are faster and more powerful folding e-bikes but you will likely find them to be overly cumbersome for your intended use. The only issue that may surprise you is the ride might be considered harsh in bumpy situations as it has small diameter wheels and no suspension. In my area we have asphalt bike trails and when the cracks in the asphalt are sealed up the slight rise of the sealed crack is felt enough for me to do my best to avoid running over them even when running low tire pressure. It's all ok for short 3-10 mile rides which is what most people end up riding.
I ended up enjoying riding so much that I did invest in a full size mid-drive ebike with excellent comfort, speed and a 90 mile range at typical peddle assist.

I have an XP Lite and like it so much better than my old XP 1.0 which I sold. The 300 watt motor is sufficient to move the much lighter XP Lite and frankly it surprised me. My only concern regarding the XP Lite...its power is not sufficient for a lot of very steep hills. You need gearing for that. I don't have that problem. Its portability is so much easier than the XP as well. You don't need to shift or maintain all the unnecessary shifting hardware. It's a great eBike and if it had a carbon belt drive...they couldn't make them fast enough. Basically, its simplicity and FUN factor are worth the lack of suspension. Once you add all the bulk and weight of gearing and suspension...you take away what the XP Lite was asked for by thousands of buyers....a lighter, easier to maintain, and more nimble XP. Also GOTRAX makes an XP Lite clone with a more powerful 350 watt motor for $100 less. Check that out if you don't mind going with another company.

Last edited:
I ordered the XP Lite yesterday, and I'll have it in a couple of weeks.

I'll see if it's powerful enough for me, and if it's not I realized I can just always upgrade the motor. :)

Back