2nd Battery Help

Imchud

Region
USA
I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to the electrical components of an e-bike, so your help would be appreciated. I currently own a Dost Kope Chain Drive. Dost, before they went under, sold a second battery to be attached to the down tube so you can run a tandem system. The main battery is 48V - 14.7AH, and the additional one they offered was 48V - 11.5AH. Since Dost is no longer available, I can get one through American Electric, but they are costly. As long as I stay with 48V, can I get any A/H Battery I want? The motor is 750 Watts so how does the battery need to be rated? Also, I am not too sure I understand how they work together, do both drain equally or does one die and the 2nd one take over? Does the display now show the power of both batteries, so the 14AH and the 11Ah battery together would now equal 25AH, is that what the display starts with then shows a decline starting from the now 25AH... sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure before I layout a bunch of $$$ for the extra battery - Thanks.

I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to the electrical components of an e-bike, so your help would be appreciated. I currently own a Dost Kope Chain Drive. Dost, before they went under, sold a second battery to be attached to the down tube so you can run a tandem system. The main battery is 48V - 14.7AH, and the additional one they offered was 48V - 11.5AH. Since Dost is no longer available, I can get one through American Electric, but they are costly. As long as I stay with 48V, can I get any A/H Battery I want? The motor is 750 Watts so how does the battery need to be rated? Also, I am not too sure I understand how they work together, do both drain equally or does one die and the 2nd one take over? Does the display now show the power of both batteries, so the 14AH and the 11Ah battery together would now equal 25AH, is that what the display starts with then shows a decline starting from the now 25AH... sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure before I layout a bunch of $$$ for the extra battery - Thanks.
unless it has the mount and electrical wiring for a second battery you cant do it. you will be stuck swapping batteries.

Yes the bike is set up with the option for the 2nd battery and is wired as such. I just didn't know how they work together, or if I can use any 48 volt system?

Back