Howdy from ATX

HMJ

Region
USA
Howdy!
Got a Rad Mission a few years ago. Cruised and commuted around Asheville, NC with so much joy on this thing. Just moved (back home) to Austin, first time here with my e-bike. Traffic is a bit intimidating in this city, but it does have lots of bike lanes! I love having an e-bike, but have a few things to say about Rad Power Bikes as a company. Will be making a separate post about that. The Rad Mission has been a good bike to me, although the breaks are weak and need to be replaced often. I believe this bike is now discontinued, anyway. But here she is:
Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 12.57.06 PM.png

thats a good looking bike! i've got the white version. i put a suspension seat post on and noticed a much smoother ride, especially if you will be in austin in the streets. agree the brakes are a bit weak, i was riding to the office today and noticed the rear brake starting to get pretty weak. front still works fine. great idea on the milk container on the rear rack! enjoy biking in austin and stay safe!

thats a good looking bike! i've got the white version. i put a suspension seat post on and noticed a much smoother ride, especially if you will be in austin in the streets. agree the brakes are a bit weak, i was riding to the office today and noticed the rear brake starting to get pretty weak. front still works fine. great idea on the milk container on the rear rack! enjoy biking in austin and stay safe!
Thanks! I've owned it for a year and a half, have had to replace the break 2 times, and I usually bike for probably no more than 4 hours total a month (I travel out of state a lot). Given in Asheville, we had hills ...Is that normal for break replacement, or are does it sound like the breaks are wearing down quickly? One bike mechanic suggested replacing my cable disc breaks with hydraulic. Let me know if you have any thoughts on that. Suspension seat post sounds cush!

that sounds like they are wearing quickly but big downhills could do that. i replaced one of my brakes on my other bikes with tektro at the suggestion of the local bike shop and have been impressed with them. im not sure if i would want to spend that money on my radmission to upgrade the brakes or not. my routes i don't find myself braking that much and usually just try and start slowing down if im coming up to an intersection or spot to stop. the suspension seat post has been worth every dollar and it wasn't that expensive, maybe $40-50 but i don't recall, bought it from the bike shop.

Back