Ariel rider Grizzly batteries

Buckyboy

Region
USA
I charged both batteries for my grizzly, took the charger off when charger light turned green. So I just wanted to check the charge, turned the battery on and pressed the charge indicator and on both batteries I got one red light, the rest green. Shouldn’t I get all green lights on the indicator when fully charged?.

I have 3 batteries that all do the same thing. The manufacturer told me it was normal, the 'RED' zone is like a warning that you better get to a charger soon before it craps out on you. As a matter of fact, my batteries never show a 100% charge, always 97 or 98%, Never 100%. And all my batteries are within 6 months old.

I have 3 batteries that all do the same thing. The manufacturer told me it was normal, the 'RED' zone is like a warning that you better get to a charger soon before it craps out on you. As a matter of fact, my batteries never show a 100% charge, always 97 or 98%, Never 100%. And all my batteries are within 6 months old.
Typically a new battery won't charge to 100% because the charger... and sometimes add that battery cells and BMS aren't matched perfectly to the charger. Usually the final trickle current is a little too high and/or doesn't begin early enough in the cycle allowing the cells to rest as being topped off.
The BMS shuts down the charge for safety not allowing an overcharge.
2-3% is nothing to worry about.

Typically a new battery won't charge to 100% because the charger... and sometimes add that battery cells and BMS aren't matched perfectly to the charger. Usually the final trickle current is a little too high and/or doesn't begin early enough in the cycle allowing the cells to rest as being topped off.
The BMS shuts down the charge for safety not allowing an overcharge.
2-3% is nothing to worry about.
I thought maybe I was removing it from the charger too soon. I would wait until the green light came on for the charger before I would remove it. Also, does it hurt or do anything to the battery if you leave it plugged in after the green light comes on? Let's say you come back from a ride and you aren't going to go out again for a few more days, can you leave it plugged in the whole time?

I wouldn't advise that... again 2-3% is negligible.
And you're putting a lot of faith in your BMS. Most battery fires occur from that very scenario of a charger being left connected.

Much depends on the charger and BMS. Some chargers continue to trickle charge after the green light comes on... some don't but will start charging again if the voltage settles below 100%... and others shut down and need to be cycled off before they will come back on.
Same goes for BMS. Some will continue to accept a charge, others once charging stops need to be cycled.
I had one perfectly fine battery that fell into this. Would charge to full 54.6v, but then settle at 54.2v after an hour or so. Charging would not resume if left plugged in. The only way it would go and stay at 54.6v was if I slow charged using a bench top power supply set to CC-CV at 1amp that would then trickle in <5 watts at the end of the charge and never really shut off but be putting out minimal negligible current.
Realize that going above a 100% charge quickly becomes unstable and dangerous... Really not worth the effort or risk.

And you're putting a lot of faith in your BMS. Most battery fires occur from that very scenario of a charger being left connected.

Much depends on the charger and BMS. Some chargers continue to trickle charge after the green light comes on... some don't but will start charging again if the voltage settles below 100%... and others shut down and need to be cycled off before they will come back on.
Same goes for BMS. Some will continue to accept a charge, others once charging stops need to be cycled.
I had one perfectly fine battery that fell into this. Would charge to full 54.6v, but then settle at 54.2v after an hour or so. Charging would not resume if left plugged in. The only way it would go and stay at 54.6v was if I slow charged using a bench top power supply set to CC-CV at 1amp that would then trickle in <5 watts at the end of the charge and never really shut off but be putting out minimal negligible current.
Realize that going above a 100% charge quickly becomes unstable and dangerous... Really not worth the effort or risk.
Good to know... Thank you for the information.

Realize that going above a 100% charge quickly becomes unstable and dangerous... Really not worth the effort or risk. learn more APK Downloads
I come with an ad about Ariel Rider .

Prices are around 1699 $ for the new one.

I just can't decide if i can buy it as don't see much reviews other than electric bike review,electric bike report and some other german websites.

I love cruiser style bikes which look similar to motorbikes. Vintage electric is a good one but cost too much for me . So this seems like a good option at the moment.

Any advise ??

Back