UK/USA max speed adjustments for travelling

Allant24

Region
United Kingdom
HI, i am new to this forum. Does anyone know if i would be able to change my maximum speed from UK regulations which are 15.5 to the laws in the US where i could have an ebike that goes up to 28MPH. I own a trek allant+8 and im considering bringing my bike from london to new york and i am curious if it is possible to get my bike adjusted before i go or would this not be possible?

HI, i am new to this forum. Does anyone know if i would be able to change my maximum speed from UK regulations which are 15.5 to the laws in the US where i could have an ebike that goes up to 28MPH. I own a trek allant+8 and im considering bringing my bike from london to new york and i am curious if it is possible to get my bike adjusted before i go or would this not be possible?
Bosch bikes are factory locked and are not able to have the region changed after leaving the factory.

Your option would be to use one of the various aftermarket chips to unlock it with the associated risk of error codes/warranty repercussions.

You would also want to research how to get a bike with a battery that size across the ocean. Can't fly it, and not all freight forwarders will accept lithium batteries. Or buy a powertube on this side of the water....

Bosch bikes are factory locked and are not able to have the region changed after leaving the factory.

Your option would be to use one of the various aftermarket chips to unlock it with the associated risk of error codes/warranty repercussions.

You would also want to research how to get a bike with a battery that size across the ocean. Can't fly it, and not all freight forwarders will accept lithium batteries. Or buy a powertube on this side of the water....
I think the bike will stay at home then. I can't be buying a battery just for my visit so ill leave it here in London. Thanks for pointing this out about flying with a battery.

Maximum speed limits vary between the UK and the USA. In the UK, speed limits are generally lower, with motorways having a maximum speed of 70 mph. In the USA, speed limits vary by state and road type, typically ranging from 55 to 85 mph on highways. However, it's essential to adhere to posted speed limits and any additional regulations in each jurisdiction to avoid legal consequences. https://lawrina.org/ provides comprehensive legal guidance on speed limits and transportation laws to ensure compliance and enhance road safety.

Back