Looking for opinons

Wiley Coyote

Region
USA
City
ABQ, New Mexico
Currently where my rear view mirror is mounted on my handle bar, I am hard pressed to see traffic behind me. However, I have no problem seeing my left shoulder. I have seen pictures on YouTube videos whereas they mount the same style mirror underneath the handlebar instead of over. I am guessing that would be the ticket? Forgive me if this seems rudimentary as I have very limited experience as this is my first Ebike.

1000001004.jpg

Welcome to the forum! No question is too basic here!

You might try viewing these threads on the subject:

Lots of information available, but in the end, it's really a personal choice. What works for some, may not for all. The "best" mirror is the one that fits your particular bike and riding style.

Personally, I prefer helmet mounted mirrors. The field of view is adjustable with just a slight turn of your head. No looking down, just shift your eyes slightly to see what's behind you. There is also less handlebar clutter. I also like the fact that I can detect movement using my peripheral vision without taking my eyes off the road.

Last edited:
My first thought is that your mirror needs to be moved further out. I am not sure that bringing it under the bars will change the ability to see behind more clearly, but it is worth a try. Only trying will tell you if it works or not.

It might be worth looking into the availability of a longer arm or the ability to mount it in the bar end.

I agree with the above saying that your mirror is too far inward. I like bar end mirrors for this reason. I did try to mount the mirror upside down, but my arm was blocking my view of the mirror. Since there are MANY body sizes and shapes, only trying different mirror positions will help you find a resolution.

I agree with the above saying that your mirror is too far inward. I like bar end mirrors for this reason. I did try to mount the mirror upside down, but my arm was blocking my view of the mirror. Since there are MANY body sizes and shapes, only trying different mirror positions will help you find a resolution.
I was thinking the same thing, something else may get in the way, maybe a thigh, hip or some other part of my anatomy. I'll just move the mirror closer to the grip, that should do the trick.

Wiley,
You have a good 3" or so that you can move the mirror right up next to the the brake bracket, that will allow you lots more room to see behind you, do the same on the right side if you run dual mirrors.
I think you'll see a vast improvement.

Wiley,
You have a good 3" or so that you can move the mirror right up next to the the brake bracket, that will allow you lots more room to see behind you, do the same on the right side if you run dual mirrors.
I think you'll see a vast improvement.
Thanks, that's what I plan to do this evening after I get home from work, move things around.

It does not change the fact anybody with a little bit of brains will install it below the bars and inwards. It makes the e-bike width shorter, protects the mirror, and ensures great visibiity.

1710459925272.png

When I first got my Vado in 2019, it came with a Specialized rear-view mirror, as the 45 km/h e-bike had to be (as a moped) equipped with a mirror. I installed it the way you think @Slaphappygamer because I thought it was the only way. Soon, I brought my Vado to the original LBS for the first time service. Upon seeing my mirror, the LBS guys made funny faces and the first thing they did was rotating and inverting the mirror to the proper position...

Back