SuperCharger 2 GT Rohloff with a Performance Line CX eBike System 2 motor

Aushiker

Region
Australia
City
Walyalup, Western Australia
Should I be disappointed? I realised today (I have no idea why I missed this before) that my forthcoming (it is on a ship, I hope) SuperCharger 2 GT Rohloff has a Performance Line CX eBike System 2 motor and not a Performance Line CX Smart System motor. I feel like I am getting an outdated motor (technology-wise) on a costly bicycle.

The motor itself is mechanically the same more or less. All they really did was put new connectors and firmware on the gen4 motors so they could move to the smart system.

Are you getting the Nyon display? If so you'll be able to program custom ride modes. It's a very functional system.

The motor itself is mechanically the same more or less. All they really did was put new connectors and firmware on the gen4 motors so they could move to the smart system.

Are you getting the Nyon display? If so you'll be able to program custom ride modes. It's a very functional system.
Thanks for the information. Yes, a Nylon display.

I guess I am disappointed that new features or options available for the smart system will not be available (e.g., eBike Alarm tracking) and given the price of the bike I would have thought the the smart system would have been a given. Anyway such is life.

Should I be disappointed? I realised today (I have no idea why I missed this before) that my forthcoming (it is on a ship, I hope) SuperCharger 2 GT Rohloff has a Performance Line CX eBike System 2 motor and not a Performance Line CX Smart System motor. I feel like I am getting an outdated motor (technology-wise) on a costly bicycle.
I get your feeling, and I too always want to make sure what I buy is the latest model so it ages well.

That said, I’ve got the SC2 with your motor and my wife has the so called “smart system” on her Multi charger mixte - I don’t see too much on there to rave about to be honest. It still feels to me like Bosch is lagging in much of that stuff and poorly implementing features (eg motor immobiliser is locked to a single phone making it impossible to share a bike amongst family members if it has motor immobiliser enabled)

In my view, you’re not missing much currently (clearly all future releases and development will be on that platform however … that’s the downside )

Back