Help with Mahle Battery Replacement

DVoA

Region
United Kingdom
I have a Wilier Hy Cento E road bike, with Mahle X35, beautiful but after 2 years I have had to replace the battery under warranty. Bike was in a local Wilier dealer (the only one within 100 miles) and they obtained the battery from Mahle but sadly the shop then went very suddenly into administration. Bike was taken to a local store, where the mechanic from the Wilier dealer went to work. They said they could install the new battery. I gave them the instructions from Mahle. Three weeks has elapsed, they obtained the Mahle DCU dongle and they are having trouble updating the new battery with bikes serial number. I am in a no win situation, or so it seems as I am not entirely sure what the mechanic is or is not doing but I wondered if anyone has any advice? I'm at the stage where I am thinking about trying to find a Mahle expert somewhere who can either advise my local store or just take the bike to them. It took Mahle about 4 weeks to send the battery out and the bike has now been out of use for two months.

I'm in the similar situation, despite the stored battery being charged to the orange/green iVOC LED threshold (i.e. 50-60%), I could not turn on my Mahle X35+ (Wilier Cento10 Hybrid) after this winter, a year after the warranty period ended. After connecting to the charger, the iVOC lights up white, the app shows 100% charge, but I still can't turn on the bike. Wilier authorised distributor said , the battery is faulty. The battery was replaced under warranty once, then the error occurred again and the fw upgrade "solved" it. It was always necessary to send the whole bike to the distributor, who is in another country than where I live (in the Czech Republic, while I'm from Slovakia), fortunately at distributor's expence within the warranty period. Now I can't buy a new battery and replace it myself (which I'm able to do, no problem), Mahle only sells to B2B partners and pairing the battery to the rest of the X35+ drive system requires a special sw that only a distributor can have (and licensed for a fee), so the only option is to send the whole bike back to him again. 250 Wh Mahle battery is for 660 eur, sending the bike to distributor back and forth is ca. 2x 200 eur, distributor asks 60 eur for the job, so total battery replacemnt is ca. 1 120 eur (ca. 1 200 USD) plus packing the bike to the transportation box and arranging the shipment. Resume: STAY AWAY FROM MAHLE SYSTEM unless you have a good distributor on hand and a full wallet.

Back