GIANT TRANCE X E+ PRO 29 3 2021 not powering on

Justin Curtis

Region
Other
City
Poznań, Poland
Hi all! I'm at my wits end!! My GIANT TRANCE X E+ PRO 29 3 2021 is no longer powering on!! It is 2 and a half years old and no longer has any warranty.
I removed the battery and pulled out the engine to check all the cables. I removed the battery connector and noticed that a cable (the purple one) was loose, but no idea where it was connected, it was just poking out!
AFAIK, it's called Giant Cable Battery to Motor or Giant Discharge Cable Battery to Motor.
20230812_212024.jpg

20230812_212012.jpg

20230812_210114.jpg

It seems to be similar to this one, but I can't see the purple cable connected: https://www.bike24.com/p2411739.html
Does anyone have any idea about this?

Justin, a question of curiosity: Why don't you bring your e-bike to an authorized Giant store for a paid repair? I do that with my Specialized e-bikes post warranty, and Specialized Warsaw has never let me down.

Hi Stefan. Yes, I think I will have to do that, it's just a pain getting my bike to the shop and the repairs normally take a while, but it looks like I don't have much option.

Well, after more than 2 weeks I finally got by bike back. The Giant dealer replaced a whole bunch of cables including the 1 shown in the photo above; now it's working again.
It's a bit worrying as the bike is just over 2 years old (out of warranty) and these things happen, doesn't really boost my confidence in Giant. I wonder what will break next... But I can't praise the Giant dealer here in Poznan enough, they offer a good service and are always willing to help.

Well, after more than 2 weeks I finally got by bike back. The Giant dealer replaced a whole bunch of cables including the 1 shown in the photo above; now it's working again.
It's a bit worrying as the bike is just over 2 years old (out of warranty) and these things happen, doesn't really boost my confidence in Giant. I wonder what will break next... But I can't praise the Giant dealer here in Poznan enough, they offer a good service and are always willing to help.
hi Justin, I think I have the same problem. Do you know what exactly your lbs replaced?do you know if it’s the cable harness?

Thank you very much, it looks like one is the downtube harness and the other one is the battery connector cable?

Back