2023 - 48V & 52V 60Ah Batteries hit e-bikes for 100 mile range on throttle

Range test around Lake Tahoe by Area 13 e-bikes.

I decided to pickup the Eahora Juliet with what looks like the same 48V 60Ah battery. My neighbor calls it a 'girls' bike, because it is small and step through design. Looks like it would make a good commuter bike for someone with a longer commute or they wanted to charge it just once a week. So far seems a hit with food delivery services in city areas.

For me the Juliet is a toy test bike; I don't take it too serious, but just interested in the range possibilities. I'd like a couple hundred miles (w/ pedal assist) in a trekking e-bike. The Juliet it seems will get less mileage than the AQ177 since it is a heavier bike, but that is yet to accurately quantified. Eahora does not yet offer a 52V 60Ah battery like Aniioki does on a couple of their bikes.

Last edited:
Took probably my last ride of season (Winter), and first ride of 2024 today. The Juliet has performed as expected. Well over 100mile range, more than enough power, reliable. I've only put just over 400miles on it, since the RCS is my preferred bike for my trips. The Juliet is like my commuter bike for groceries or other errands where i just want to get something done, or if i rode more than a hundred miles on Saturday with the RCS, then a shorter trip on Sunday with the Juliet Is nice. As part of the shake down though i took it on a trip over 100miles shortly after getting it and it had a fair bit of battery left. The only ebike that i have no worry about range on. That said it's more of a scooter than a bike which is why the RCS and 3 batteries is still my prefered ride. With 3 900Wh batteries i'm not too worried about range on the RCS if a battery does not fail. I had to adjust the handle bars with a riser forva comfortable ride position. Other than the ghost pedaling after assist level 2 (hence scooter) it seems to be a very robust and reliable bike at a great price. Would love it if Jucied used a 52v version of this 60Ah battery on their next bike. For shorter trips i'm using a regular bike, the Priority 600X with a Pinion gearbox and belt-drive. A very nice bike, but it's not geared well for the more flat New England terrain. It's been a good 2023 using these 3 bikes as my main transportation. Looking forward to 2024.

My wife’s 52V 60ah customized AQ177

Attachments

• IMG_6208.jpeg
    IMG_6208.jpeg
    502.1 KB · Views: 34
I was looking at that one also as I wanted the 52V battery, but the Juliet used more standard bike components and had the cargo capacity I needed. I hope the bike is working well for her. That battery is a game changer.

Eahora has announced the Juliet II for 2024. It includes a more powerful motor, and controler, a redesigned rear suspension, and an improved front suspension. The Juliet II also now ships with a 52V/60Ah battery, matching those available for some Aniioki models. Other component updates were done as well, resulting in a very significant update for 2024. The price increased $500, but since there are very few bikes with batteries this size and the component updates are useful I think it is probably worth it. If the price drops $200 I think it will be back to being a really good offering for a commuter/delivery bike.

They have not announced it yet, but I think we can assume that the Romeo and/or Romeo Pro will be updated again soon with 52V battery options.

Ordered an Aniioki V7 dual motor just a little over a week ago, will report how this goes...
Interesting; I think they may need to measure that range again, unless they are quoting the range with a single motor and they allow manual control of 1 wheel or 2 wheel drive. Most dual motor drives have not been too successful, but with this battery, the latest tech, and the substantial motors this might just find a niche. This would be great in hilly regions and rough country for hunting or just riding up some rough cuts. I'm looking forward to your review.

Interesting; I think they may need to measure that range again, unless they are quoting the range with a single motor and they allow manual control of 1 wheel or 2 wheel drive. Most dual motor drives have not been too successful, but with this battery, the latest tech, and the substantial motors this might just find a niche. This would be great in hilly regions and rough country for hunting or just riding up some rough cuts. I'm looking forward to your review.
Yeah, I’ve questioned that range with dual motors. I do have a Aniioki AQ177 and is a solid bike.

I'm weird: it's not the range I'm interested in (though I am somewhat) as the power on board to run stupid s*it like lights and sound. Also, it is hilly here (PDX) and I'm huge at 6-6 and 230#, so the dual motor thing will be fun to try. There's a local couple that tandem on a dual motor grizzly, and it cooks even with two folks on it. I'll be happy if I can get 60mi out of it, though it is a fantasy of mine that we can make it from here to hood river on a single charge

I'm weird: it's not the range I'm interested in (though I am somewhat) as the power on board to run stupid s*it like lights and sound. Also, it is hilly here (PDX) and I'm huge at 6-6 and 230#, so the dual motor thing will be fun to try. There's a local couple that tandem on a dual motor grizzly, and it cooks even with two folks on it. I'll be happy if I can get 60mi out of it, though it is a fantasy of mine that we can make it from here to hood river on a single charge
I would not doubt you would get 60 miles or more on throttle only.

Eahora has announced the Romeo II
  1. Dual motor - 2x 1,250W 100Nm
  2. 52V - 60Ah battery [ 3.12 kWh ]
  3. 30A Controller x 2
  4. 14-28T / 44T 7 speed Drive Train
  5. 20"x5" tires
  6. 143.3 lbs w/Battery
  7. Interface has 3 drive modes, Rear, Front, and AWD.
Looks like they are following the same path as Aniioki with the dual motor, but sports a different drive train, and surprisingly they moved to a 20" tire, where the Romeo line has always been 26" tires up till now.

Last edited:
Eahora has announced the Romeo Pro II
Another Dual Motor option, Compared to the Romeo II, the Romeo Pro II is outfitted with
  1. 2x 1500W Motors (top speed 44 mph)
  2. 26"x4" Tires
I'm glad they have kept the larger tires on this bike. The price is $3000 before any coupons or other discounts. Adding the proprietary rear-rack adds another $68. I don't have any information yet on the drive-train, but i would expect it to be the same as the Romeo II; I hope they surprise me with a wider gear range.

Last edited:
Back