Juggernaut Ultra DUO 3 in blue, arrived more purple, Biktrix made it right.

mata2maui

Region
USA
Could not resist the 1000w Bafang Ultra Motor mid-drive (160Nm) with a 52v/17Ah internal battery and the 52v/13 Ah extender battery they throw in FREE (for a limited time), plus the 11-speed SRAM NX drive train. Got the optional Tektro 4-piston brakes, and the A-bars. Chose the 'Electric Blue' color with the 27.5x3 wheels and the medium frame. UPDATE: I ordered it 5/19/23 and with shipping to Hawaii arrived on 6/13/23. Color as delivered is an issue. The 'Electric Blue' depicted on their website is not a match to the more purple bike delivered (check the overlay photo). I followed-up with Biktrix customer service and in the end, they issued a partial refund to cover the cost to repaint the bike. The other option would have been to incur $1300 shipping cost to/from Hawaii to return the bike.
Untled.png
U.png

Last edited:
Finally received the bike. Purchased online 5/19, received it 6/13. Problem is the actual color of the bike they shipped is purple, not the blue as advertised on their website in the picture I posted above originally. View attachment 157153

Interesting - at least on my screen, the shipped bike frame showing is most definitely a dark metallic blue, not purple.
I'd go further in that one of my long-standing gripes on China-painted/origin frames is their entirely awful choices of color, meaning the typical 'border on weird baby blue' from the Biktrix published shot and many others are immediate turnoffs that make me wonder who picks these colors.

For me, I'd call the above a very clear and obvious huge WIN, but everyone differs. Do note there's always some level of (usually minor) tone change from paint batch to paint batch unless each batch is mixed and color-calibrated (unlikely IMO for this purpose, but I have had a car part painted that was supposedly computer/sensor matched and in this case, it was green tinted vs a metallic blue very much like the shipped frame color above..), and also cameras and lighting can do some additional color distortion unless at the least some white balance corrections are applied (and sometimes lens corrections as well), then finally down to the individual calibration of your specific monitor. Just for grins sometime, grab a laptop or a few of them and a monitor/LCD and load up the exact same image/site then look across them..

I looks blue not police lights blue but it's not purple.
I bought this matte black emtb from Ride Smart Maui.
Biktrix are selling powder coated ebikes. Maybe your bike is powder coated and it looks purple under the Hawaii sun?
No, it's definitely purple, but the real issue is how far off it is from what they advertised. You can't see the difference between the advertised color and the purple color shipped?

Last edited:
Heard back from Biketrix customer service this morning after I let them know I would dispute the CC transaction as 'goods not as described' rather than incur return shipping costs from Hawaii and their restocking fee. They agreed to issue a partial refund to cover the cost of stripping the bike and repainting it here locally. Everyone is happy.

Last edited:
No, it's definitely purple, but the real issue is how far off it is from what they advertised. You can't see the difference between the advertised color and the purple color shipped?
Yes, I see the color difference. Dragging it to a mostly-accurized (I have a coloromiter here somewhere) display, it's still blue, but has a very slight tint 'leaning' towards purple. I'd take that over the published god-awful color on their site in a minute, and would not open a dispute personally.

Did you get a quote for stripping and repainting it?

Don't get me wrong - if someone changes the paint more than a shade or so, they absolutely should update their online pics... but for me, in this case and the before/after, it's just much ado about nothing and the 'wrong' color actually is much nicer, but ... ... ... I hope the shop doesn't manage to paint any bearing races (headset) and doesn't try to charge over $1K, but definitely curious on the quote amount. Might consider powder coating as more durable than paint.

I would call it "cobalt blue," which does have a tad of red pigment which gives a slightly purplish cast. I think that darker shade looks nicer than the bike in the ad anyway. I guess if you aren't happy with it and can't get satisfaction from the seller, maybe you could have it vinyl wrapped for less than a paint job.

Reactions: rtp
I like the color that was advertised, which I would describe as a metal flake Royal Blue, think it goes well with the all-black non-frame components. That is the color I will try for in an Acrylic Enamel. You cannot powder coat it without removing the motor. Wet sanding the frame and re-shooting with my cup-gun will be fairly easy but I have a quote from a LBS to remove and re-install everything including headset, wires and cables, drive train, etc. We will not remove the motor or crank set, will just seal it for sanding, then tape it off. Still the quotes like $450. I can get the paint from TCP Global for around $89 a quart plus a good clear coat.

canvas.png

Last edited:
Why not call the current color Maui sunset? I do see a diff with the overlay. Still looks blue, but a camera can miss the finer details.

I am so glad that I am not a manufacturer or a retailer.
Particularly when your advertised 'Electric Blue' color at the point of sale does not match the actual color on delivery, then it's even LESS fun to sell them. Biketrix did make it right with a partial refund, that is a testament to their dedication to customer service.

Web capture_6-7-2023_101047_mail.google.com.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm confused wtf blue looks like.
Your bike may have been painted or powdered like #2 ball on the billiards table. #10 is the viper blue.
Obviously their are many shades of the same color. I think this is a big part of the reason why most all bike manufacturers only offer a few basic colors and no customs. The expectation based on a website depiction often does not match the actual color as delivered.

Obviously their are many shades of the same color. I think this is a big part of the reason why most all bike manufacturers only offer a few basic colors and no customs. The expectation based on a website depiction often does not match the actual color as delivered.

Respectfully: I understand that we all differ as consumers. You don't like the color and it wasn't what you expected. I get it.
Personally....THE LAST thing that I would consider doing to my BRAND NEW bike is to have it repainted. I would have to have a remarkable degree of certainty that the painter was entirely capable of doing an expert job.
Regardless of the painter's expertise....the moment that you re-paint that bicycle....it becomes permanently your bike.....with significantly reduced marketability should you ever wish to sell it. Not to mention the potential prospective cosmetic or mechanical issues which may arise due to the re-paint. Warranty will certainly be voided. All this because the color is not the shade that you had expected? You've taken it this far and got a discount. If it were me....I would promptly become pleased with the unexpected color and move on. If I were unable to move on....I would return the bike.

Again. Respectfully. Obviously your mileage does vary.

Last edited:
Respectfully: I understand that we all differ as consumers. You don't like the color and it wasn't what you expected. I get it.
Personally....THE LAST thing that I would consider doing to my BRAND NEW bike is to have it repainted. I would have to have a remarkable degree of certainty that the painter was entirely capable of doing an expert job.
Regardless of the painter's expertise....the moment that you re-paint that bicycle....it becomes permanently your bike.....with significantly reduced marketability. Not to mention the potential prospective issues which may arise due to the re-paint.

Again. Respectfully. Obviously your mileage does vary.
It will look better than the purple bike they sent me. I don't like purple, and color is important for me. It's all about the proper amount of prep. I used to paint vehicles for a living at a body shop, so I have the re-finish aspect covered, but I am paying a LBS for the component R&R so the bike is tuned and runs just like it should when we are done.

Yeah, find a shop that does wraps and ask for a quote. Then compare to the alternative.

It's definitely massively different than what was advertised, whether it's "purple" or "blue" is irrelevant and can't be determined from a picture on a computer screen anyway, not that it matters to Biktrix fanboys.

The wrap idea is not bad though, hopefully it's not too expensive.

But seriously, I've never heard ANYONE say this bike was purple of the 100s we've sold of this exact colour. We gave you a refund to make you happy but I don't necessarily agree that it is any more purple than it is blue, exactly as described on our website. End of the day, we wanted you to be happy and if a few hundred bucks did that, so be it.

But seriously, I've never heard ANYONE say this bike was purple of the 100s we've sold of this exact colour. We gave you a refund to make you happy but I don't necessarily agree that it is any more purple than it is blue, exactly as described on our website. End of the day, we wanted you to be happy and if a few hundred bucks did that, so be it.
The overlay photo I posted speaks for itself, not at all as described on your website. You gave me the refund so you would not have to deal with a chargeback, so don't come here and tell lies. Here's an idea, post more accurate pictures of what you're selling so you don't continue to have this problem instead of posting your sour grapes attitude for all to see.
the-big-lebowski-slide-1.jpg

Back