Great sale going on now at Evelo

Kriegs

Region
USA
Hi, after much research for my first e-bike purchase for Asheville NC was today when evelo Atlas was 25%off. To get a hard tail e-bike or adventure bike with enviolo and gates belt for that price made the decision for me.

Thanks for all of your comments and posts in this forum.

Holy Smokes! That's a great price, a thousand less than what I paid!! I wonder if that's the 'new normal'?

The Omega is very enticing at this price point. I don't need one, although that has never stopped me before.

I am not a big fan of cruiser style handlebars though. Inasmuch as I have fairly long arms, I find them too wide for crisp handling, but these might be okay. The width is not listed on their website.

I watched Court's thorough video, but I'm still not sure I understand how the automatic shifter system works. I know there is some app adjustment for cadence, but I'd be curious to hear the impressions of Eveolo owners about that.

Last edited:
The Omega is very enticing at this price point. I don't need one, although that has never stopped me before.
I am not a big fan of cruiser style handlebars though. Inasmuch as I have fairly long arms, I find them too wide for crisp handling, but these might be okay. The width is not listed on their website.
I watched Court's thorough video, but I'm still not sure I understand how the automatic shifter system works. I know there is some app adjustment for cadence, but I'd be curious to hear the impressions of Eveolo owners about that.
I personally like this auto shift hub, it takes a little time to get used to, but now I wouldn’t have it any other way, but I usually ride at steady speed, I usually stay 15-20 mph, sometimes more if I’m closer. Most of the time I use slow or slowest settings on my Vado, but you can do it with the app, the only negative I see is ghost pedaling occasionally, which I fix by setting my power to 5% of eco. But it is rare. Hope this helps

I personally like this auto shift hub, it takes a little time to get used to, but now I wouldn’t have it any other way, but I usually ride at steady speed, I usually stay 15-20 mph, sometimes more if I’m closer. Most of the time I use slow or slowest settings on my Vado, but you can do it with the app, the only negative I see is ghost pedaling occasionally, which I fix by setting my power to 5% of eco. But it is rare. Hope this helps
Thanks! Ghost pedaling hopefully is something I can deal with as you do. Even on my Priority Current, I sometimes wish there was one more gear. My biggest reservation about the Omega is the quasi beach cruiser style. It's not the aesthetics that bothers me, but I like something slightly more athletic. I might be off base, as it's a little hard to tell without seeing the Omega in person.

Last edited:
Thanks! Ghost pedaling hopefully is something I can deal with as you do. Even on my Priority Current, I sometimes wish there was one more higher gear.
I had a Current 5 speed, great bike, not even close to the auto shift, I know that you read posts as I do, people have purchased a bike with this hub, and they are upset that it will not run 28 mph, which is something I rarely do (cadence over 90) they claim it’s false advertising, the bike will run 28 with a traditional 12 speed chain drive, that being said, I can run all day at 20-25 mph with a comfortable cadence, I watched the gear ratio on my screen for a while, it is in the best ratio 95% of the time occasionally you will net to pause briefly going uphill and it will drop ratio, also when you top a hill the hub automatically changes to a higher ratio, no more getting caught going downhill in a low gear

I rarely, if ever, exceed 24-25mph on the Current, so that's not an issue. Range anxiety is an issue though, and the supplemental battery for the Current is $800, which seems a little insane for a battery. It also looks like a bit of a project to install. One of my motivations for considering the Omega is the ability to pedal longer. I would as well not have a throttle, and I have never missed it on the Current. Do you find it essential for smooth riding on the Omega?

I rarely, if ever, exceed 24-25mph on the Current, so that's not an issue. Range anxiety is an issue though, and the supplemental battery for the Current is $800, which seems a little insane for a battery. It also looks like a bit of a project to install. One of my motivations for considering the Omega is the ability to pedal longer. I would as well not have a throttle, and I have never missed it on the Current. Do you find it essential for smooth riding on the Omega?
Sorry if I didn’t clarify, I have a Specialized Vado, but no I don’t feel a need for one on my bike, I though you could get a throttle on any Evelo bike, I think it’s optional, the motor on that bike is more powerful than mine, great company, always heard good things.. call them and ask they will call you quickly…I think it’s a good choice at that price

Sorry if I didn’t clarify, I have a Specialized Vado, but no I don’t feel a need for one on my bike, I though you could get a throttle on any Evelo bike, I think it’s optional, the motor on that bike is more powerful than mine, great company, always heard good things.. call them and ask they will call you quickly…I think it’s a good choice at that price
My mistake. You were clear about owning a Vado, but I lost track. I think the Omega comes standard with a throttle which made me wonder if there is a lag or surge between assist levels that would necessitate having one.

My mistake. You were clear about owning a Vado, but I lost track. I think the Omega comes standard with a throttle which made me wonder if there is a lag or surge between assist levels that would necessitate having one.
I assume this is on the Evelo forum, maybe someone will answer concerning the Omega

The Omega uses the same handlebar as the Atlas (25" across at the end of the grips). I wouldn't call it a 'cruiser style'. The Enviolo full auto rear hub is pretty slick. Automatically gears down at a stop and maintains a consistent cadence as your speed increases. You can easily add the optional wireless cadence control pad (standard on the Aurora) but it's really not necessary. The wife does adjust her's occasionally, but she would do fine without it. Of course, you can adjust it with the phone app and you could mount your phone on the handlebar and play with the settings as you ride.
This latest sale is pretty impressive. You'd be hard pressed to find a mid drive with the Gates belt and Enviolo Auto hub at these prices (and the extra battery is also reduced in price).

The Omega uses the same handlebar as the Atlas (25" across at the end of the grips). I wouldn't call it a 'cruiser style'. The Enviolo full auto rear hub is pretty slick. Automatically gears down at a stop and maintains a consistent cadence as your speed increases. You can easily add the optional wireless cadence control pad (standard on the Aurora) but it's really not necessary. The wife does adjust her's occasionally, but she would do fine without it. Of course, you can adjust it with the phone app and you could mount your phone on the handlebar and play with the settings as you ride.
This latest sale is pretty impressive. You'd be hard pressed to find a mid drive with the Gates belt and Enviolo Auto hub at these prices (and the extra battery is also reduced in price).
Thank you! Great information. This seems like a super deal right now.

I jumped when they offered 25% off for Memorial Day, also having researched many an ebike for a long while. I wrote to customer service as the price seemed off. The helpful employee explained the 25% off did not apply to the Atlas, but that they would honor it anyway. I was ready, so I pulled the trigger.

It was well more than I had hoped to spend. Yet I reconciled with the fact I wouldn't find anything with a belt, mid drive, front suspension, and a decent battery for much less without building it myself. Also, I used the 0% financing with Affirm, which just divided up my payments into six months. That definitely softened the blow!

I got it about a week later and have been enjoying it, especially after replacing the stock seat! The battery life is okay, but I am holding out hope it will improve as it breaks in. Using 20-25% for my 6.5 mile commute with power assist level 1 nearly exclusively is more than I thought. Anyway, yay for sales!

I jumped when they offered 25% off for Memorial Day, also having researched many an ebike for a long while. I wrote to customer service as the price seemed off. The helpful employee explained the 25% off did not apply to the Atlas, but that they would honor it anyway. I was ready, so I pulled the trigger.

It was well more than I had hoped to spend. Yet I reconciled with the fact I wouldn't find anything with a belt, mid drive, front suspension, and a decent battery for much less without building it myself. Also, I used the 0% financing with Affirm, which just divided up my payments into six months. That definitely softened the blow!

I got it about a week later and have been enjoying it, especially after replacing the stock seat! The battery life is okay, but I am holding out hope it will improve as it breaks in. Using 20-25% for my 6.5 mile commute with power assist level 1 nearly exclusively is more than I thought. Anyway, yay for sales!
That sounds low. Did you charge the battery prior to riding?
There are a lot of range variables but I used about half the battery on two consecutive days riding 30 to 32 miles each day respectively on pavement. I pedaled primarily using PAS 2. I rode on gravel about the same distance a week earlier but rode at a higher PAS and used about two thirds of the battery.

That sounds low. Did you charge the battery prior to riding?
There are a lot of range variables but I used about half the battery on two consecutive days riding 30 to 32 miles each day respectively on pavement. I pedaled primarily using PAS 2. I rode on gravel about the same distance a week earlier but rode at a higher PAS and used about two thirds of the battery.
Yes, I fully charged up before starting out. I do have a lot of start and stop on my commute between red lights and stop signs at intersections. Also, I ride with the lights on always. I'm ~220 lbs. plus tools, snacks, clothes, etc.

I'll need to bring my charger with me to work today so I don't get range anxiety for my trip home. Speaking of that, has anyone purchased a secondary charger on Amazon, etc? I'm getting this one soon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LSGVP5...B81VRW26&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it ), which has the same specs as the one that shipped with my Atlas except it outputs 2A vs 3A. That means it will charge more slowly, which is better for the battery and suitable for overnight charging.

Back