Giant Battery Fires

flugelboneman

Region
Canada
City
Comox Valley British Columbia Canada
With all the controversy raging, hard to find out if Giant Explorer +2 Batteries are an issue. Is it a fact that poorly maintained batteries and batteries from cheaper ebikes are the main problem. I am also curious to determine if it is still valid to run your battery down to "0" every three months or so. I was told to do this by my dealer, but of late am charging the battery after each use, unplugging when full. Comments would be apprecated on both of these

With all the controversy raging, hard to find out if Giant Explorer +2 Batteries are an issue. Is it a fact that poorly maintained batteries and batteries from cheaper ebikes are the main problem. I am also curious to determine if it is still valid to run your battery down to "0" every three months or so. I was told to do this by my dealer, but of late am charging the battery after each use, unplugging when full. Comments would be apprecated on both of these
Absolutely do NOT run your lion batteries down to zero. that will kill them VERY quickly !

You should, on the other hand regularly leave you battery on the charger for 10 hours or so after fully charged, to balance the cells through the BMS ( the BMS ONLY balances at full charge).

Do all Giant batteries have a BMS charger? I know my Roam has a different charger than the Explorer.

Do all Giant batteries have a BMS charger? I know my Roam has a different charger than the Explorer.
Do you mean balancing chargers? Because they are pretty expensive for any reasonable sized battery.

With all the controversy raging, hard to find out if Giant Explorer +2 Batteries are an issue. Is it a fact that poorly maintained batteries and batteries from cheaper ebikes are the main problem. I am also curious to determine if it is still valid to run your battery down to "0" every three months or so. I was told to do this by my dealer, but of late am charging the battery after each use, unplugging when full. Comments would be appreciated on both of these
All Hail the Miniature Schnauzer!

Oh. OK. Well I guess my bike might have one of those, too.
There would be no reason to have both .
Why pay the high price for a balancing charger when you already have a cheap BMS in your battery pack? They both do the same thing, balance the cells.

Almost two years later, and finally a response.
That's almost 14 years in people years

Is your dog still alive?
😂

Screenshot_20240220-200632_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Be DOT
Chewy DOT
 Calm

View File

Last edited:
Yo Chewy, he is alive and well. 7 years of schnauzer joy. He is our third of the breed.

Back