What mileage are you getting on your Multicharger 750wh battery?

PDL

Region
United Kingdom
I'm curious about what kind of mileage people are getting with their 750Wh battery. When I bought the bike, the dealer was raving about how amazing the mileage would be, but I'm not sure what that really means. I commute every day on mostly flat (ok, but not great) roads with one short hill and am getting around 35-45 miles using mainly Tour + (a riding mode my dealer added instead of Tour) and probably 30-35 in Auto. It's cooler weather now (around 4-5 degrees Celsius), but even when it was warmer it wasn't much better.

I'm not sure if I was expecting too much, or if this is low? What's your experience?

Not a R&M rider but your figures make perfect sense. You might get some 60 mi in the Eco mode. (The range also depends on your own leg input).
PDL, is your Multicharger restricted to 15.5 mph? What average speed do you achieve on your longer rides? Are you forced to do many starts/stops on your ride?

Last edited:
Hi Stefan,
Thanks, that's good to hear, even though I probably had expected more based on the dealer's sales pitch more than anything. The mileage is actually not bad for my everyday purposes. I charge it once a week and sometimes twice if I go on a longer weekend trip.

Yes, it's limited to 15.5 mph and I think the average speed I ride is probably around 12 mph. I do have some starts and stops along the way for traffic and lights.

Peter

It’s hard to compare but I have a Trek Verve+3 and get that kind of mileage with a 500wh battery. On long rides I ride mostly on tour and some eco. I’m not sure if your motor is giving more boost and pulling more juice than mine.

That’s interesting. I almost never use eco mode so that’s probably a factor. Also, the Multicharger is a beast of a bike and I often carry our 3-year-old and some cargo on the back. I wasn’t thinking about it, but all the weight probably does add up and must affect mileage too.

Yes, it's limited to 15.5 mph and I think the average speed I ride is probably around 12 mph. I do have some starts and stops along the way for traffic and lights.
Peter,
I have been thinking... If you use Tour+, you must be cruising around 15 mph. Do you need that much of support? Wouldn't ECO be enough? Or, you want to be sweat free?
Yes, Multicharger is a heavy e-bike that's I was asking about frequent stops/starts.

My wife has Multicharger mixte with 750w battery but I honestly don’t know the range she gets as she doesn’t ride it long distances- just lots of short trips.

I’ve got a SC2 with 2x 500w batteries and I see perhaps 20% range drop in winter temperatures (-5 to 10 degrees Celsius).

Eco mode I could get up to 200km in theory but that would be riding conservatively with few stops.

Tour I would estimate 80-110km range perhaps.

Once I get into sport (rarely ride in Turbo) I would say 50-70km in sport. I’m around 100kg at moment.

There is a huge difference in battery drain going faster. I’ve got a high speed Bosch and sit on 30-35kph riding in Sport.

If I’m happy to do 20-25kph I would say battery life and range jumps significantly… at least 1/3 would be my guess.

Hope that helps

Not specific to your Multicharger but the best way to look at battery range is by dividing the actual wh's used by the distance traveled which gives you a wh/mi average. If you track this over several rides that you normally do it will give you a number, 15 wh/mi is generally considered to be the average for ebikes ridden sensibly. If you are higher or lower than that it just is what it is and at least you can plan your rides accordingly. There is no hard wh/mi figure that pertains to all riders even those that have the same bike.

Unfortunately not all bikes will show the actual wh's used but some sort of percentage instead but there are conversion charts online to get you close enough. Also if you change to faster speeds, more elevation gain you need to factor that into your equation. It really isn't rocket science.

Hi Stefan,
Thanks, that's good to hear, even though I probably had expected more based on the dealer's sales pitch more than anything. The mileage is actually not bad for my everyday purposes. I charge it once a week and sometimes twice if I go on a longer weekend trip.

Peter
at that I bet it would be close to 100 miles if you dont have a lot of hills. that speed reallt helps but this will give you the best info. but the Kiox should show you hw much range you have. https://www.bosch-ebike.com/us/service/range-calculator

Hi PDL. The weight of the rider makes a massive difference to the mileage one can get. A 75kg rider will greatly out distance a 100kg rider. Bosch's ebike range calculator, as indicated above, is reliable and your best source of information for your situation. It helped me loose 5kg when I realised I could ride a long distance trail I couldn't complete before.

Hi PDL. The weight of the rider makes a massive difference to the mileage one can get. A 75kg rider will greatly out distance a 100kg rider. Bosch's ebike range calculator, as indicated above, is reliable and your best source of information for your situation. It helped me loose 5kg when I realised I could ride a long distance trail I couldn't complete before.
Congrats Jay Kay - awesome motivation.
And shows that eBikes are not to be scoffed at in terms of still providing a great healthy exercise option

I’ll get about 45mi range in turbo on 1,000watt setup on my gazelle madeo t10+ with 2” smooth tires. I weigh 180lbs.

My thoughts: your range is surprisingly low I’d expect that in my bike in turbo going 22mph. What’s your weight? Also not mentioned yet is do you have a less efficient drivetrain like the enviolo hub instead of a derailleur? And maybe you have knobby tires or maybe the frequent stops and starts would change the range a lot.

Laugh-cries in 90kg for me plus another 45 for Arrow plus 5-10kg of lock and randomness on the rack of the Load 75 at all times... though in fairness, if I keep it to Eco I think I can still hit 100 miles. :)

On my Wart Hog MD 750 fat tire, which weighs in at around 90# fully loaded with what I normally carry, plus my 200# of weight, using 2 - 720w batt @ 30a total,
and riding around in Eco 1 mode, peddling 95% of the time.
I average 80-120 miles per charge, from 53.8V down to 43.5v, for flat level ground
and less than 5 mph wind speeds.

The best I have ever done was 46.1 mile using 3 volts, plus peddling, per display.
The worst was 36.3 miles and just about drained both batts, battling thru a 30+ mph head wind.
I don't do wind............LOL
Don

Thanks everyone. I’ve been trying to use the gears more, be more mindful of starting/stopping and just generally ride it more gently. It seems to help bring up the mileage to around 45-50, but I wouldn’t say that feels reliable and is very dependent on how much effort I put in to conserving battery life. If use eco o get better, but it’s a heavy bike and eco gives me little assistance…or maybe I’m just being lazy.

I weigh 85kgs, usually have two panniers with stuff that probably weigh 10-15kgs, a child seat and sometimes a child (15-20kgs), so probably an average weight of it all together (including bike itself )must be around 140-150kgs. It has an E nviolo hub and regular tyres,

I checked the Bosch calculator and it’s not that far off given weight, weather, road conditions. Doesn’t seem great, but also not that bad.

Ouch, that is a lot of extra weight to carry! I am pretty sure an exponential curve is involved - more power needed per unit as the weight increases.

On my old Vario Delight (my first e-bike) I regularly checked actual against estimated range with the Bosch range assistant, and as an 85kg rider with no extra luggage it proved very accurate.

Thanks everyone. I’ve been trying to use the gears more, be more mindful of starting/stopping and just generally ride it more gently. It seems to help bring up the mileage to around 45-50, but I wouldn’t say that feels reliable and is very dependent on how much effort I put in to conserving battery life. If use eco o get better, but it’s a heavy bike and eco gives me little assistance…or maybe I’m just being lazy.

I weigh 85kgs, usually have two panniers with stuff that probably weigh 10-15kgs, a child seat and sometimes a child (15-20kgs), so probably an average weight of it all together (including bike itself )must be around 140-150kgs. It has an E nviolo hub and regular tyres,

I checked the Bosch calculator and it’s not that far off given weight, weather, road conditions. Doesn’t seem great, but also not that bad.
Maybe ditch the extra weight for a couple of rides and see if your range matches the calculator ?

Back