48v battery replacement options

michael00baker

Has anyone tried other batteries successfully? The 8.8 48volt battery in my crosscurrent air needs to be replaced soon, after -accumulating close to 7000 miles with it over a period of 14 months.

I’ve been happy with the performance of this battery, it is lightweight- which is important because part of my commute involves loading my bike into the city bus rack. It also has enough capacity for my needs.

There is a 10 ah 48 volt battery from 1 up bikes, however I don’t want to purchase it because they will not honor a return if it doesn’t fit in my crosscurrent.

If there aren’t good options, I will probably buy the same battery again from juiced, however they are pricey. I’m looking for people that actually purchased a battery outside of juiced and can confirm it fits and is compatible.

I bought a 52V for my CCS from PDX Lithium about a week ago. Very happy so far both on my daily commute and on my long weekend ride.

They have a 48V 14Ah with Samsung cells for $429

One of the owners is active on several of the Juiced Bikes Facebook forums.

I have no affiliation, I'm just a customer.

Sadly we never get reviews that reveal how the batteries are built no reveal of the materials. Not so critical for lower Ah batteries, but many builders are cheating out with nickel coated steel rather than pure nickel. Worse still no specifications on the BMS used. Recently there have been several reports of riders shorting out their Aliexpress batteries and the terrifying fires that resulted.

Bike battery fires and explosions are a real risk when using poor quality batteries or with non-certified chargers, especially if you then combine with poor charging conditions.

While charging keep the battery and charger in a location where it can dissipate heat (bike frame works for battery) and should also be not near flammable stuff .

Always using a UL certified charger helps a lot (even if you aren't in USA/Canada)

Re Tesla - when you look at any battery fires (only 1 "explosion") stories, I have yet to find one that wasn't due to damaged battery (accident), operator negligence (hacking your telsa for more oomph, etc), or bad/cheap non-certified charger. I don't think the "explosion" investigation has finished, but that blown out garage and back wall was impressively scary.

Reention batteries
Only a case maker. Kevin Fang is the principle.
non-Reention
reention is a brand of case. Nothing more or less. Just the plastic shell..
The same company also lists as BTN. Folks here had problems claiming they had no liability, and yet Kevin carries liability coverage in the USA. Hard to communicate with as English is a second language. But he does better than I do with Chinese.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you have the experience with several, if not more, different brands and have even had them open to investigate. Your input is valuable. Thank you.

???

Umm., no, I did not open batteries, nor did I investigate. I don't know how you got to that conclusion?? 🤨
Sarcasm. I struggle to figure out how you come to the conclusions you present.

Last edited:
Back