New owner , EAHORA X7 N, 750W

Maxwell

Region
USA
Hi Guys, I'm also a new member here and this is my first post. Thanks for letting me join.
The X7 has only 3 electric speeds and the twist throttle. The way it is , if I am at #1 speed, the twist throttle will only go as fast as #1 peddle assist. I want the twist throttle to be able to go to full speed regardless of my pedal assist setting. The PDF says I should be able to do this, but no matter if I put it at Y or N, it does not change anything.
"Throttle gear enable setting HF-Y stands for throttle step, HF-N means throttle is not stepped. If throttle step is selected, it means that when turning the throttle, the maximum speed can only reach the corresponding speed corresponding to the gear position displayed on the meter. Split, it means that when turning the throttle, it is not limited by the gear on the display, and can reach the rated maximum speed. You can set Y / N by pressing the UP / DOWN button. Press the "i" key to confirm and return to the throttle to assist the implementation. Enable setting interface; long press “I” key to confirm and return to the setting item selection interface of the display. The factory default value default value of the meter is N"
Has any one else realized this situation?

I also have an Ancheer, 27.5" , 48 volt, 500 watt bike. I was expecting the X7 with the claimed 750 watt to be faster, but I found the speed very close with the Eahora slightly faster in acceleration and the Ancheer slightly faster on the top speed.

Also the front brake on the X7 works great but the rear is poor to terrible. Pretty much impossible to lock up the rear tire. Anyone else? And if so, is there a way to improve it?
So far, I like the bike, not not as much as I thought I would. But; that might be because I'd rather be more discreet and not attract attention, lol, the X7 does turn more heads its way .
Another question. Is it really 750 Watt? The battery says 499, has same charger as my Ancheer and power and performance are basically the same.
Thanks for any opinions and advice in advance E 1

Can't help with the speed and assist issues but as to the rear brakes, remove the brake pads, clean with alcohol and put a piece of 400 grit sandpaper on a flat work surface sandy side up and then lightly sand the brake pads to give them a little "tooth". Inspect your rotor for any contamination and give it a quick alcohol wipe. Make sure to properly wear in the rotors, i.e. give them the new rotor break-in. If you are not familiar go to youtube and type break in bicycle disk brake pads.

Hi Guys, I'm also a new member here and this is my first post. Thanks for letting me join.
The X7 has only 3 electric speeds and the twist throttle. The way it is , if I am at #1 speed, the twist throttle will only go as fast as #1 peddle assist. I want the twist throttle to be able to go to full speed regardless of my pedal assist setting. The PDF says I should be able to do this, but no matter if I put it at Y or N, it does not change anything.
"Throttle gear enable setting HF-Y stands for throttle step, HF-N means throttle is not stepped. If throttle step is selected, it means that when turning the throttle, the maximum speed can only reach the corresponding speed corresponding to the gear position displayed on the meter. Split, it means that when turning the throttle, it is not limited by the gear on the display, and can reach the rated maximum speed. You can set Y / N by pressing the UP / DOWN button. Press the "i" key to confirm and return to the throttle to assist the implementation. Enable setting interface; long press “I” key to confirm and return to the setting item selection interface of the display. The factory default value default value of the meter is N"

I also have an Ancheer, 27.5" , 48 volt, 500 watt bike. I was expecting the X7 with the claimed 750 watt to be faster, but I found the speed very close with the Eahora slightly faster in acceleration and the Ancheer slightly faster on the top speed.

Also the front brake on the X7 works great but the rear is poor to terrible. Pretty much impossible to lock up the rear tire. Anyone else? And if so, is there a way to improve it?
So far, I like the bike, not not as much as I thought I would. But; that might be because I'd rather be more discreet and not attract attention, lol, the X7 does turn more heads its way .
Another question. Is it really 750 Watt? The battery says 499, has same charger as my Ancheer and power and performance are basically the same.

The Eahora bike is quite heavy and the brakes that were installed are not quite up to task. I upgraded my rotors to 180 mm shimano as well as installing Tetro Aries brakes. Now the brakes perform as you would expect based on the speed and weight of this bike especially going downhill. I was not really able to lock up the wheels or even effectively slow the bike down on fast downhill's before I made this upgrade.

I have experienced the same condition as you with regard to the throttle and power. I have not been able to get the bike to provide full power regardless of power setting. It appears that the bike is designed to not allow this to happen and they make a cryptic reference to it in the manual citing "rider safety" concerns. It turns out that there are several manual versions for the X7 bike. The instructions in the manual I received with my bike was not accurate in describing the bikes operation, adjustments, etc. The company sent me an updated manual but even that one had discrepancies. But it sounds to me like you are on track with regard to the throttle settings so at least that section of the manual you are referring to appears to be accurate.

Attached is the manual for all the settings. It shows how to change throttle from step up with Pedal Assist or don't follow Pedal Assist, which sounds like what you are looking for. It starts on page 18.
Hope this helps. 👍

Attachments

• XP-7 _Manual.pdf
    623.1 KB · Views: 493
Back