Cup Holder?

pearlbeer

Looking for a good cup holder for my coffee/beer. Gimbaled would be nice. I'm also having a tough time finding cup holders that have a well engineered clamping mechanism - most seem to rotate on the bar eventually.

I like the ones from Public Bikes. Not gimbaled. Secure. Make sure you have a good lid on your cup. Even a tiny ventalation hole will slosh coffee on your bike.

Attachments

• DSCF7241.JPG
    DSCF7241.JPG
    554 KB · Views: 329
  • bDSCF7454.JPG
    bDSCF7454.JPG
    343.9 KB · Views: 439
I just did a search for handlebar cup holder and saw a ton. Make sure that it is turns at the same axis as the stem, facing you, for stability.

Those Looney adjustable cages are sturdy. On my beach cruiser I have those silly coconut bottle holders. I got lucky and found some at a hardware store with nice clamps! I picture dumb though, sorry.

I had a similar issue with rotating bike cup holder. Check out RAM Mounts, they have gimbaled cup holders with a sturdy clamping mechanism. They're known for their durability and flexibility in mounting options.

Last edited:
I've had good luck with this one:

As the product photos suggest, it can handle containers that are any combo of rigid, straight-sided, and oversized, like a typical stainless thermos. Any of those attributes would be a deal-killer for a regular bottle cage.

The twist cinch couldn't easier to use and is very secure — even on bumpy trails. Would buy again.

Standard frame mount only, but others might have ideas for mounting it on handlebars.

I've had good luck with this one:

As the product image suggests, it can handle containers that are any combo of rigid, straight-sided, and oversized, like a typical stainless thermos. Any of those attributes would be a deal-killer for a regular bottle cage.

The twist cinch couldn't easier to use and is very secure — even in bumpy trails. Would buy again.

Standard frame mount only, but others might have ideas for mounting it on handlebars.

20230318_171107.jpg
20230423_201122.jpg

I use the RAM cup holder mentioned by @Mikehemis above:
Screenshot (52).jpg

It's gimbaled, and has a removeable foam insulator for aluminum cans.

I attach it to the bars with these RAM clamps. They hold securely and can articulate into almost any position:
Screenshot (53).jpg
61x6GqLoPyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And

The handlebar ball mount can also be used with many other RAM products to hold cell phones, GPS, lights, etc.

What about a beer hat ??

Screenshot_20240127-195002_DuckDuckGo.jpg

It would be as Gimbaled as your your head so when you start spilling 🍻 it's time to stop drinking. 😂

Back