Nyon Display

NvisblMan

Hi Everyone, this is my first post so be gentle...
I just bought a new Riese & Muller Superdelight with the new Nyon Display. So far I love everything about the bike. But I have one question I can’t seem to find the answer to.
The Nyon display shows me so much information, but I can’t seem to find the odometer? I see everything I need for my individual trips, but can’t find my total miles on the bike ridden.
Can Any of you that have the new Bosch Nyon display guide me to that?

btw, I have read Bosch’s website, read the instruction manual and still am baffled .

thank you!

Flick through to the Status Screen, select Screens and, in Screen Management, you can then either create a new screen [+] containing the info you want (including Odo) or modify an existing screen by tapping on the pencil symbol, then tapping on an unwanted display, remove it [X], tap it again and select [+] and from Select Tile scroll down to System, tap on it which displays a variety of options one of which is Odo and that's it - job done. Actually, it took me a while to master this, but in the end I have a set of 5 screens which show me all I want/need.
Good luck!

Last edited:
PS You can find the relevant info/guidance on Page 11 in the manual but I have to admit it is a bit deficient when it comes to showing/describing all the options.

Hi Everyone, this is my first post so be gentle...
I just bought a new Riese & Muller Superdelight with the new Nyon Display. So far I love everything about the bike. But I have one question I can’t seem to find the answer to.
The Nyon display shows me so much information, but I can’t seem to find the odometer? I see everything I need for my individual trips, but can’t find my total miles on the bike ridden.
Can Any of you that have the new Bosch Nyon display guide me to that?

btw, I have read Bosch’s website, read the instruction manual and still am baffled .

thank you!
I found the answer........thanks

I would like to see the watt output of the motor and battery voltage in real time. I don't believe Nyon offers this option, so maybe I need to start a 'wish list' for future updates to Nyon unless one already exists.

I would like to see the watt output of the motor and battery voltage in real time. I don't believe Nyon offers this option, so maybe I need to start a 'wish list' for future updates to Nyon unless one already exists.
In Edit Screen go to Fitness where you have a variety of options: My Power, Avg and Max from which you should be able to work out the drive unit's output as we know the percentage of assistance in each mode.

I purchased some cables to obtain power for lights or Iphone from the port at the base Nyon. Nothing happens, contacted my LBS where I purchased the bike and they said that Bosch has not activated the port and they could not get an answer from Bosch as to when this will happen. Got a Nyon software upgrade on Monday. Have no idea what it did but it didn't activate the port. Has anyone heard anything about activating the port or the Nyon software update?

@nantycoy With a great answer! At this time, reading the voltage on the battery and motor output are not options available through our displays. It never hurts to see what riders want to see on their displays. Out of curiosity, why do these parameters interest you?

Happy Friday!

I purchased some cables to obtain power for lights or Iphone from the port at the base Nyon. Nothing happens, contacted my LBS where I purchased the bike and they said that Bosch has not activated the port and they could not get an answer from Bosch as to when this will happen. Got a Nyon software upgrade on Monday. Have no idea what it did but it didn't activate the port. Has anyone heard anything about activating the port or the Nyon software update?

Hi again, gadgetguy! Unfortunately, the Nyon does not support charging of third-party devices like an iPhone or blinky light. That is not slated to change. Was there information you saw that led you to believe this? I echo your desire for that, it is a feature I often use on our Kiox and Smartphone Hub.

Cheers 🤠

@nantycoy With a great answer! At this time, reading the voltage on the battery and motor output are not options available through our displays. It never hurts to see what riders want to see on their displays. Out of curiosity, why do these parameters interest you?

Happy Friday!
Prior to purchasing my current e-bike a Gazelle Medeo T-10+ with Nyon display I bought kits to convert conventional bikes to electric. On the first conversion, a hub motor kit which did not have any display, I installed a Cycle Analyst (https://ebikes.ca/product-info/grin-products/cycle-analyst.html) which is a display device that tracks volts, amps and watt output from the motor and battery, also displays speed, trip and odometer readings. Found it interesting to watch the voltage of the battery deplete and the wattage consumed by motor grow as speed increased, headwinds came about and hill climbing occurred. Latter I purchased a Bafang mid drive kit with display. Their displays provide battery voltage and motor wattage but lack all of the neat features of the Nyon. All of the previous e-bikes I owned were able to display volts in the battery and watts on the motor. I just used the information as a reference point for determining the output of the motor, in various gears and for judging the condition of the battery at various distances of the ride.

Hi again, gadgetguy! Unfortunately, the Nyon does not support charging of third-party devices like an iPhone or blinky light. That is not slated to change. Was there information you saw that led you to believe this? I echo your desire for that, it is a feature I often use on our Kiox and Smartphone Hub.

Cheers 🤠
When I purchased the Gazelle from my LBS I was led to believe that the port on the base would charge my phone or power a light. After I purchased a number of cables and they did not work, my LBS contacted Bosch and was told that the port had not been activated. I also remember reading something on this forum or Electric Bike Review that Nyon port would support charging a phone better that some other Bosch displays. One more question - Can you tell me what the latest software update for the Nyon does?

My new Nyon display does not have the heart rate monitor icon on the top of the screens. The Polar OH1 will scum with WiFi and shows up on an added training screen.

Attachments

• 0DFF1BDD-486B-4FA9-8024-79107EF3DF39.jpeg
    0DFF1BDD-486B-4FA9-8024-79107EF3DF39.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 298
My new Nyon display does not have the heart rate monitor icon on the top of the screens. The Polar OH1 will scum with WiFi and shows up on an added training screen.
I have a Polar H10 and it displays on the tile of my selection. In order for the heart icon to show up at the top next to the headlight lamp you must go into settings a pair the Polar H10 with the Nyon. If it is not showing up at the top it's not paired or activated. It will pair as bluetooth or ANT+. In one mode you will see the heart icon or a phone icon. Either mode will display on the screen.

I have a Polar H10 and it displays on the tile of my selection. In order for the heart icon to show up at the top next to the headlight lamp you must go into settings a pair the Polar H10 with the Nyon. If it is not showing up at the top it's not paired or activated. It will pair as bluetooth or ANT+. In one mode you will see the heart icon or a phone icon. Either mode will display on the screen.
It is paired and connected via Bluetooth.

Attachments

• A857C009-5F0D-4F9F-9C6F-0F65B763B83E.jpeg
    A857C009-5F0D-4F9F-9C6F-0F65B763B83E.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 344
  • A2B25CF6-547C-4111-8899-47EB823B3512.jpeg
    A2B25CF6-547C-4111-8899-47EB823B3512.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 277
Does Bosch displays have a USA customer service contact?

I would try unpairing the heart rate monitor and pairing again. If you have any other devices paired to heart rate monitor you might try shutting those down first before you sync the Nyon and heart rate monitor. If the heart icon or phone icon is not appearing at the top of the Nyon screen, then the heart rate monitor is not synced to the Nyon. When you are trying to connect the monitor are you wearing the belt having put some water on the back of the heart rate sensor. I have sometime had to put a little more water on the back side to get the device to broadcast a signal. You can select any tiles to appear on any screen but appearing on the screen won't make them sync to the device. If none if this works you might want to look at the instructions for the heart rate monitor and see if you can factory reset it.

Nyon question
Does anyone know what these 2 icons do?:
1619179476761.png

I'm wondering - is there any info on what software updates the new Nyon display will get? As in a certain development roadmap (with new features)?
I'd love to make some suggestions but I don't know how to get them to the Bosch development team :-(
For example make a track/route visible on the map without navigating.
Or by pressing somewhere on the map and save the location and change the name of the saved location.
Or to press somewhere on the map and navigate by a 'straight line/arrow' (Most of the time I navigated that way with my Garmin montana I had attached the stem of my bike before I got the Nyon)
Or when importing a gpx, an option to import the track literally instead of only a few point which converts the route to something the Nyon suggests as best route/track

portal question
Is there a way to show which direction a track on the portal is going - this comes in handy when preparing a MTB route...

Last edited:
Nyon does not support charging of third-party devices like an iPhone or blinky light. That is not slated to change. Was there information you saw that led you to believe this?
Sorry for jumping in late, but I saw this on the Bosch website. "Smartphones can be charged via the USB port of your on-board computer." It doesn't name any specific computers, so I assumed all of them (including Nyon) do. https://www.bosch-ebike.com/us/service/faq/kann-ich-mein-smartphone-am-ebike-aufladen-8117

Back