Need 2013 E3 Dash hub axle spacer

Trevor Hayes

There's a black metal spacer thing that goes on the axle between the hub and the dropout. I took my bike into a shop for repair and they lost it and I guess now the bike is unusable. They spent over a year bugging Currie about getting a replacement but eventually gave up. I figured I'd give posting here a shot... it's frustrating that everything else works still and I recently replaced the battery. I wonder if there's a way to jury-rig it...

There's a black metal spacer thing that goes on the axle between the hub and the dropout. I took my bike into a shop for repair and they lost it and I guess now the bike is unusable. They spent over a year bugging Currie about getting a replacement but eventually gave up. I figured I'd give posting here a shot... it's frustrating that everything else works still and I recently replaced the battery. I wonder if there's a way to jury-rig it...
I can't say for sure from your description, but it sounds like you're talking about torque washers. Very typical for factory built hub motor ebikes to have them, and required to ride the bike. You can't rig this, it is both a safety item and a required part for the hub motor to work. Without this part the axle can spin free in the dropouts, destroying the frame and ripping the power cable out. This is just an example of what many look like.
Screenshot_20210104-223022_Chrome.jpg
They can be purchased on Ebay if you know what you need. Precise measurements are needed to buy the correct one and then you need to know how to properly install it.

Here is a manual, it doesn't have a section on wheel removal and associated parts.

Ah, thanks. I don't really know what I need because I don't have it and if I had it I wouldn't need it... lol

I'll email the bike shop guy about that but what I really need is a pick-a-part junkyard with old ebikes. Or maybe someone with one that could take a picture/measurement of the original part in question.

Ah, thanks. I don't really know what I need because I don't have it and if I had it I wouldn't need it... lol

I'll email the bike shop guy about that but what I really need is a pick-a-part junkyard with old ebikes. Or maybe someone with one that could take a picture/measurement of the original part in question.
I understand. I am just trying to point you in a direction that might help.

I would have concerns with that bike shop for a number of reasons.
1) They lost a part.
2) They couldn't tell you what part was missing. Torque washers are used on many bikes, including bikes that aren't electric.
4) In a years time they weren't able to sort this out.

I'm sure there's more to it and you have confidence in them. Hopefully you get this sorted out, the Dash is a nice bike and to get a comparable 2021 bike you'd pay over $2k. Best of luck!

Back