3rd flat in under a month (Radwagon)

Barkme Wolf

In the first 2 weeks my front tire went flat, no hole in tire, only tube. Patched, flat again 2 weeks. New tube, flat today- 2 weeks. Still no hole in tire. I am thinking it is the rim.

And it was a thorn, this time. Not sure if I had the thorn (embedded they said at the bike shop) in my tire the whole time or just this flat. Blackberry bushes everywhere.

Yea I was getting a lot of flats especially the rear tire which is heavy on fat bike. Since Mr Tuffy - Zero flats. It is expensive but well worth not having the hassle. On a $1500 bike, $50 more is not really that much more

My LBS will do me front and back Mr. Tuffy for under $50. As a very lazy person, I think this is a good deal. The "Flat-less" tires run around $120 installed so hopefully I am not sacrificing quality for economy.

Barkme Wolf, you mention rain, and something that many people aren't aware of is that in wet conditions, tyre/tires puncture far more easily.

I run a tubeless set up, so punctures are never an issue for me.

Barkme Wolf, you mention rain, and something that many people aren't aware of is that in wet conditions, tyre/tires puncture far more easily.

I run a tubeless set up, so punctures are never an issue for me.
Couldn't find where I mentioned rain but I am dyslexic so it might be hidden from my mind. Although I have only ridden in the rain once, living near Seattle it is inevitable. Good advice, thanks.

I just got a flat with tube filled with slime. Seems like it is just a tiny pin hole. So much for that stuff. We do use it in our dirtbikes with limited success, but Dirtbike tires are only filled to 12psi.

Last edited:
The best quality tubes, tire liners, and tires are worth their weight in gold. I paid about $100 for parts and $40 in labor for piece of mind when out on the trail

Left the Radwagon overnight to get fitted with some better tubes and Mr. Tuffy liners. Hope that does the trick.

Back