Are the XP handlebars 25.6 or 31.8?

ebikester

I can't find this information anywhere. Does anyone know which size handlebar the stock XP stem uses? The newer mountain bikes seem to use 31.8 but the XP handlebar looks thinner.

For the XP I recommend BMX style handlebars. It gives you more cockpit space and it looks old school on the XP. There are a few threads here where owners have done that.

I have Velo Orange Klunker handlebars and I love em, I have recommended them to a few XP owners and they have gotten them and love em too. They are wide and have tons of room for accessories and the sweep on the grips is awesome ...it makes it so you can actually straighten up your back and sit in a more natural position. You can still fold the handlebars this way because of the same stem usage, but if you were to go the whole BMX handlebar route it would be a bit harder to fold...you would need allenkeys at hand. Anyways its one upgrade I really wish I would have done first thing because of how much comfort they bring.

IMG_2357.jpg

IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2355.jpg

I wish we had a thread on the different handlebars people have gone to...I am shopping :)

I went with this bar https://amzn.to/3ne89Aw

The width of the stock bars was fine for me so I just wanted a slightly longer bar so I could fit more accessories on it but not too wide because it'll be harder and slightly more dangerous to get through doorways, stairways, areas with lots of trees or people or cars, etc. hitting your handlebar against anything while riding sucks and I already bump by bar ends all the time as it is so I didn't want to make it much wider.... And I went with a flat bar to gain back some of the real estate you lose with the center bends on the stock bar, since you basically lose that area due to the bends.

With the new bar I've been able to add bar ends, flash light mount, one leftside rear view mirror, and cell phone holder with a small amount of room to spare. I can't think of anything else I need to add to the handlebar so I think I'm set for now.

And I think the position of my hands is pretty much the same since I just raised the stem to make up for the flat bar with no rise.

I have Velo Orange Klunker handlebars and I love em, I have recommended them to a few XP owners and they have gotten them and love em too. They are wide and have tons of room for accessories and the sweep on the grips is awesome ...it makes it so you can actually straighten up your back and sit in a more natural position. You can still fold the handlebars this way because of the same stem usage, but if you were to go the whole BMX handlebar route it would be a bit harder to fold...you would need allenkeys at hand. Anyways its one upgrade I really wish I would have done first thing because of how much comfort they bring.

View attachment 73812

View attachment 73813

View attachment 73815
Hello @ki11a I just saw this post and saw your bike. Looks great! Can you tell me what mirror you have? What size it is and if it would fit the factory handlebars? Thank you.

Wanted to revive this thread for anyone in 2024 coming back to upgrade their handlebar on their XP 3.0. I got my XP 3 last month and they seem to have changed the stem to use a 31.8mm handlebar. The Velo Orange Klunker sadly doesn’t work with the current stem. I’m trying to reach out to Lectric to see if they have any older stems they can send me otherwise I’ll return the Klunker handlebar and find one that’s 31.8.

Back