New Lectric ebike coming? Anyone know or want to guess?

BigNerd

Looks like they will be letting us know on 10/27/23:

1698106309337.png

I wonder if it will be a full size folding ebike? They seem to be hitting every folding category out there.

Maybe an XP Lite 2.0?

I would guess something with bigger tires. I rode my brothers new lectric and loved it but the smaller tires were a little rough to adjust too. Whatever it is, I’m sure it will be well done. I was very impressed with the bike I rode and my brother loves it!

Considering that I just bought a new XP Lite a month ago...with my luck...it's gotta be an XP Lite 2.0. I say this because every time I buy a new Lectric eBike (I've had 3)...they come out with a new version a month later. I'm not sure what improvements they can do on the XP Lite because its just about perfect...I'd love to see larger battery capacity,

Could be a hard tail version of the Luna eclipse hopefully with a rear rack and fenders. And I know they know how many people swap the stem and bars for BMX bars.

Ride 1 Up just released a new folding eBike called the PORTOLA for under $1000. Its clear they have fired a shot across the bow of Lectric eBikes as it has much of the same specs as the XP 3.0, but 2 of them are what I would have loved on my XPs...a battery that can be removed without unfolding the bike (and eliminated that crazy key thing that Lectric owners hate)...and a more powerful 750 watt motor. I used to own the Ride1Up Ciore 5 and their 750 watt motor and sine wave controller was superior to Lectric's offerings. However I came back to Lectric because the XP Lite is just perfect for me. With that said...maybe a new XP 4.0 with a 750 or 1000w motor.

Considering that I just bought a new XP Lite a month ago...with my luck...it's gotta be an XP Lite 2.0. I say this because every time I buy a new Lectric eBike (I've had 3)...they come out with a new version a month later. I'm not sure what improvements they can do on the XP Lite because its just about perfect...I'd love to see larger battery capacity,
Same here. I purchased my XP 3.0 and not even 2 months later they introduced the Xpedition. While I love the XP, ever since I purchased the Xpedition the poor XP just sits. I still love both ebikes though.

That Ride1up hits on the main complaints of the XP 3.0, a easy to remove battery and more power. So if I was to guess? A next generation XP 4.0. I don't see Lectric straying away from the 20" wheels because the market is so crowded with 26" fat tire ebikes as it is.

The new Lectric X-PEAK non folding, 4x26" fat tire mountain bike...is something I didn't see coming.
This is a NICHE market, whereas their other offerings are more mainstream compatible with all ages. One guy who will LOVE this...Kev at KevCentral. I'm betting he was a tester for Lectric during their R&D process and he probably has a new video on this bike in the Que right now.

Last edited:
nice looking, i could definitely pick one of those up for winter snow riding and light trail riding, my current commuter bike doesn't go off the road so i could see where this bike could be more of an all purpose all-season bike!

I was hoping it was this type of bike, I'm in the market for one. I'm not surprised it was this style. I see more 26" fat ebikes than any other style.

I'd gladly pay a few hundred more and forgo all the 'free extras' for a torque sensor like Aventon and Ride1up are starting to use in their hub drive models. I suspect its also too heavy for my bike rack (like other fat bikes under $2k). I don't see the weight on the website. My guess is 75+lbs (35kg) .

I like how they advertise it is made for trail riding. Lots of aggressive looking bikes have stickers that say 'no off road use'. I wish them luck with it. I'm looking elsewhere.

Do you think you have to leave the key in it?

I never understood this... but I guess it's like an old school car to keep it from getting stolen?

Official launch on 11/01/2023. Price wise its tempting to get one for a cheap beater/loaner BUT there are so many fat tire value ebikes to choose from. It did seem weird that Lectric entered the saturated fat tire market.

Official launch on 11/01/2023. Price wise its tempting to get one for a cheap beater/loaner BUT there are so many fat tire value ebikes to choose from. It did seem weird that Lectric entered the saturated fat tire market.

It's clear they are treading into a market that they have previously avoided...non-folding (non-portable), 4x26" fat tire, OFF-ROAD eBikes. This model pretty much eliminates the RV and Truckers market which they built their business on, the urban commuter market (who prefer lighter, nimble street eBikes), and frankly most women who are not into off road mountain bikes. It almost sounds like they are trying to get into a market with no prior success in...to expand their reach. Most companies do this after much success. I'm sure they will do alright but it might not be anywhere near their success with what they do best...FOLDING, PORTABLE eBikes.

Looks like a nice value for 1299. 67lbs I guess is not too heavy. I'm guessing with both racks and the fenders you are getting close to 80lbs?

I think they are promoting removing the front wheel for transporting as they mention the bikes weight without front wheel...
Removing the front wheel doesn't exactly make it transportable unless you have a strong back, a pickup truck, or a large SUV...and who wants to take the wheel off and put it back on....then go riding, and do it all over again to get home...then once you are home, you have to put the front wheel back on again. And even with the front wheel off, how are you going to put the bike in the vehicle without damaging it? Not an easy thing to do. I bought a non foldable bike years ago and thought the same thing...I'll just remove the front wheel and transport the bike that way. Well, that idea got old fast... and I gave up doing that, and my bike at the time was a very light road bike...not a heavy fat tire eBike. The best solution to transport such a beast is with a very strong platform bike rack which isn't cheap unless you already have one. Even a FOLDING 4x26" fat tire bike would be a nightmare for most people as folding frames weigh more and cost more to manufacture. I can see why Lectric made it a non-folding bike...because it would not be affordable as compared to the already saturated 4x26 market.

Removing the front wheel doesn't exactly make it transportable unless you have a strong back, a pickup truck, or a large SUV...and who wants to take the wheel off and put it back on....then go riding, and do it all over again to get home...then once you are home, you have to put the front wheel back on again. And even with the front wheel off, how are you going to put the bike in the vehicle without damaging it? Not an easy thing to do. I bought a non foldable bike years ago and thought the same thing...I'll just remove the front wheel and transport the bike that way. Well, that idea got old fast... and I gave up doing that, and my bike at the time was a very light road bike...not a heavy fat tire eBike. The best solution to transport such a beast is with a very strong platform bike rack which isn't cheap unless you already have one. Even a FOLDING 4x26" fat tire bike would be a nightmare for most people as folding frames weigh more and cost more to manufacture. I can see why Lectric made it a non-folding bike...because it would not be affordable as compared to the already saturated 4x26 market.
I agree with you I just wonder why they mention the bikes weight with the front wheel and then without the front wheel?

I agree with you I just wonder why they mention the bikes weight with the front wheel and then without the front wheel?
After watching a few new review videos on this new eBike...it's about 75 pounds. Also the idea of the easily removable front wheel is not so much to transport the bike...but to make it easy to ASSEMBLE the bike. That makes more sense. The bike ships completely assembled (all but putting on the front wheel)...so Lectric wanted to make the Bike easy as possible to get going out of the box.

Back