windshield !

I think you get a windshield when you put it in back of a car. its not really practical on a regular bike more on recumbents and such.

Have never seen one in use, but curious, so I did a google search on "bicycle windshield"

What you'll see, is it's pretty clear there are a LOT of different ideas when it comes to what a bicycle windshield would/should look like! Interesting, but I don't see one in my future. That's me though. -Al

Zipper makes some of the best bike fairings/windshields (and they've been around quite a while):

For Upright Bikes

I've run them on recumbents and tandems and they take some getting used to (can be very squirrelly in crosswinds.) Most of theirs have handlebar mounts, but the one frame mount one I had was definitely more stable.

Zipper makes some of the best bike fairings/windshields (and they've been around quite a while):

For Upright Bikes

I've run them on recumbents and tandems and they take some getting used to (can be very squirrelly in crosswinds.) Most of theirs have handlebar mounts, but the one frame mount one I had was definitely more stable.
yep had one on my recumbent loved and hated it. so noisy and always in the way but man it sure helped with wind and speed.

The ultimate windshield,
Atlas172.JPG

Strapping in...

Atlas472.JPG

Rounding the bend...

My youngest son raced with Cal Poly's HPV (Human Powered Vehicle) team. Aerodynamics were one of the keys to winning.

The world speed record for human powered vehicles is now over 80mph, windshields and all.

Back