Espin Flow pedal assist power levels

rbermanaz

I just received my Espin Flow and love it! However, I find the default pedal assist power levels may be a little to aggressive for my own riding style. Is it possible to adjust the default power assist levels for each of the five power levels?

I do not think power levels are adjustable. I, too, felt level one had too much boost until I had ridden my Espin Sport for a while. Now I am usually in level two.

I just received my Espin Flow and love it! However, I find the default pedal assist power levels may be a little to aggressive for my own riding style. Is it possible to adjust the default power assist levels for each of the five power levels?
You've had your Flow 6 weeks now...are you still loving it? How about a little mini review for us waiters. Thanks.

Has anyone detetmined whether or not the assist level is adjustable?

Nope. Only adjustable by the factory

From what I gather, no.

My friend asked before he ordered and they said you can change the assist levels but then later on said it was not possible.

The rep I've been emailing with told me today the levels are not adjustable, and PAS 1 goes to 7-8 mph.

I guess the consensus is the assist level isn't adjustable? Just got my sons Sport together today and we went for a quick ride and the difference between 1 and 2 seems like a big jump. Other than that so far it seems like a great deal.

I spoke with a representative from Espin a few months ago while considering a purchase of the Flow - he said the levels are not adjustable...

Like someone else said, you get used to it.

I thought PAS 1 was enough but I find myself creeping into PAS 2 and then maybe 3. I ride with some non ebikers who are pretty fast.

I ride hills in my neighborhood and I usually use PAS 1-2 and I try to keep my gears between 5-6 depending on the steepness of the hill. But what I’ve noticed is on the steepest inclines the motor doesn’t seem to have the same torque as on more level ground. I can go from 2-5 PAS and not notice any appreciable difference. But on more flat ground, the difference is obvious. Is this just the limitation of the power in the motor? I’ve also noticed that when I get down to two or one bars on the battery that the motor doesn’t seem to be as responsive. Anyone else noticed this?

I think you can make some adjustments in the advanced settings from the display. For example you can change the number of assist levels. I am not sure if you can change speeds at a level by changing the ASr parameter. You could also lower top speed. I do not know if that will change speed at various levels or just limit top speed. They really do not explain the advanced parameter settings.

I think you can make some adjustments in the advanced settings from the display. For example you can change the number of assist levels. I am not sure if you can change speeds at a level by changing the ASr parameter. You could also lower top speed. I do not know if that will change speed at various levels or just limit top speed. They really do not explain the advanced parameter settings.
Thanks, the manual says not to adjust the top speed but I'm not sure why. I would definitely like to lower it since the bike is for my son. I didn't see in the manual that you could adjust the assist levels so how do you go about that? I like the bike and the quality seems good but the assembly instructions and manual leave a bit to be desired. My 700 series has torque listings for the various bolts and the spokes. Also they have a YouTube channel, maybe Espin does but I haven't found it yet. I'm not as much worried about the top speed in each assist level as much as I'd like like to be able to lower the assist amount. Maybe it's more noticeable to him because it's his first e-bike and to me because my 700 series has adjustable assist levels. Thanks

Like someone else said, you get used to it.

I thought PAS 1 was enough but I find myself creeping into PAS 2 and then maybe 3. I ride with some non ebikers who are pretty fast.
Hopefully, it's his first e-bike so I guess it's more noticeable to him and my my Ride1up 700 series has adjustable levels ( not to bring up an old sore of contention... lol,) and I set the first 3 to be pretty gradual increases.
One other question while I'm at it, he noticed when he hits the brakes there's like a little circle with an exclamation point that pops up on the display screen. I was wondering if this is normal and if not what does an indicate?

Last edited:
Hopefully, it's his first e-bike so I guess it's more noticeable to him and my my Ride1up 700 series has adjustable levels ( not to bring up an old sore of contention... lol,) and I set the first 3 to be pretty gradual increases.
One other question while I'm at it, he noticed when he hits the brakes there's like a little circle with an exclamation point that pops up on the display screen. I was wondering if this is normal and if not what does an indicate?
I understand that the circle with ! means your brake is engaged.

I understand that the circle with ! means your brake is engaged.
Thanks, that's what I figured but there's no information in the " manual" regarding it. It seemed almost like it was a warning of some sort as if something was wrong but after a while I figured it was just the brakes

Back