500W rear hub kit with PAS issues.

MiguelG

Hello from Melbourne Australia.
Purchased the Dillenger Premium Off Road Kit ( https://dillengerelectricbikes.com.au/premium-offroad-electric-bike-kit.html ) it's a lot of fun to ride but cannot get the PAS to function properly.
I have Hollowtech II BB and can not fit the 12 magnet wheel on the recommended left hand side, after much modification I managed to mount on the right hand side.
Problem is pedal assist only works if pedaling backwards, have tried flipping the magnet disc to the other side with same result.
Is this something that can be programmed through the C965 display?
Anyone have a fix?
Thanks.

The twelve-mag ring goes behind the chain ring on the right side. The clamp for the sensor gets sandwiched in the bearing retainer of the bottom bracket.
You may just need to turn your sensor around to make it work on the left side. Yes, they are directional.

Inspect_and_clean_crank_threads.PNG

@Browneye Cool. Your bike has a handi-wipe dispensor in the crank. Where do you get the refills?

@MiguelG I agree with browneye. You have to position the sensor so it points at the magnet in the same way when the crank is going forward.

If that's physically impossible, which has never happened to me, but it does happen with some fancy sensors that are designed for only left side or right side mount, than you have to get either the proper mount, or just get a cheap generic sensor.

Last edited:
@Browneye Cool. Your bike has a handi-wipe dispensor in the crank. Where do you get the refills?

@MiguelG I agree with browneye. You have to position the sensor so it points at the magnet in the same way when the crank is going forward.

If that's physically impossible, which has never happened to me, but it does happen with some fancy sensors that are designed for only left side or right side mount, than you have to get either the proper mount, or just get a cheap generic sensor.

Ya...the other side dispenses hand sanitizer. 😋

Sorry for the stock pic. There are plenty of images with the same style sensor on the left side of the crank - so it must have something to do with the sensor design. It's a clean setup with it behind the chain ring, protected, innocuous. You need a bottom-bracket tool to install the bracket for the sensor.

There are split ring style that ned no tool to install on the crank.
Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 11.15.53 AM.png

And a CA3 compatible that is the nicest I've used.

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 11.17.10 AM.png

Back