Not a lot of action in here...

scottonabike

Hello? Hello??? Well anyway, I did a review on the Pivot Shuttle Team XTR for those interested in a premium, full carbon eMTB.

I've been riding the new Pivot Shuttle Team XTR for the past two weeks and really loved it. The DW link remains the premier suspension system in my opinion. It feels so much more efficient while pedaling in between singletrack sections. It's foxed out which is great. My only disappointment is that it's still a 500wh battery, but I guess that's really more about Shimano getting a bigger battery pack than anything else. Pivot uses a closed Shimano system, which I prefer because if anything goes wrong you know to go straight to Shimano instead of some random battery manufacturer.

I have a 2019 Shuttle DWI. Was having issues where the battery would turn on, but the display wouldn't. Then it went dead. Shimano was kind enough to send me a new 400wh battery, even though I'm the second owner. The 504wh battery was on back order and they will be sending one of those when available. Turns out, the wire that connects the display to the motor was pinched inside the frame. This was probably made worse during a sudden stop involving a large rock on the trail. Since the new wire and battery were installed, I did have a problem one time where I had to turn the battery off and then back on to get the display to show. The jury is still out, but Shimano stands behind their stuff!

Back