Electrek review: TRB1 AM is a big softie on the trails

FlatSix911

Region
USA
City
Silicon Valley

BESV TRB1 tech specs
  • Motor: 250 W Brose TF Motor
  • Top speed: 28 mph (45 km/h) with pedal assist (PAS)
  • Battery: 36 V 21 AH (762 Wh) lockable and removable battery
  • Range: 70 mi (122 km)
  • Charge time: 6 hours
  • Frame: Aluminum
  • Suspension: Rock Shox 140mm front and rear suspension
  • Weight: 42.3 lb (17.8 g)
  • Brakes: Magura 203mm hydraulic disc
  • Tires: 27.5 x 2.8 Schwalbe Knobby Nic
  • Extras: LCD display, 11-speed Shimano XT drivetrain, dropper seatpost
1577089463963.png

This is an old ebike. 3years old almost. Still is a very relevant ebike !! Other companies don’t have anything Remotely close to it.
I don’t know where the reviewer has been that he slept on it. Oh well most people only know trek and specialized, not surprised.

This is an old ebike. 3years old almost. Still is a very relevant ebike !! Other companies don’t have anything remotely close to it.
I don’t know where the reviewer has been that he slept on it. Oh well, most people only know trek and specialized, not surprised.

Yes, this positive review was recently posted on Electrec... here is another great review on EBR from Court in 2018. ;)

Summary
  • A full-suspension all-mountain electric bike with 140 mm air suspension by RockShox and a high-speed 28 mph Brose Drive TF mid-motor, available in two frame sizes and two colors
  • Unique plastic bash guard on the downtube and rounded fuel tank design on the top tube gives this bike a motorcycle look but I did brush my knees occasionally when pedalling
  • The motor is extremely quiet and smooth because it uses a Gates carbon belt drive inside, you can pedal faster at up to 120 RPM and the Q-Factor is fairly narrow at 179 mm, great weight distribution
  • Larger than average battery will take you further and be able to maintain the higher speeds for longer but does add weight, at ~60.3 lbs this is a heavier eMTB, handlebar may collide with top tube on oversteer, large 203 mm hydraulic disc brakes provide great stopping power, Boost hub spacing with thru-axles and 2.8" plus-sized tires provide strength, comfort, and stability
1577130497483.png

Is too heavy. The Atom X Carbon is oNly 42lb with 700wh. 6k. The Besv actually took the design from Bh. ..

Sorry for keep mentioning it but unfortunately there’s no other ebike with 5Year warranty , 2year warranty for battery, minimum issues(Most likely since it’s a BH) , carbon frame, 700wh battery.

Look at this Terrestrial Spaceship :

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I’m already saving up for it by eating and cooking at home 90% of the time😉.

Had to let the Atom X Lynx 6 Pro
go b/c it was too heavy -58lb !! Someone got a nice deal From Crazylenny for 1980$ from 6k.

Attachments

• 02F62137-C8D0-4ED5-8913-CFE021DBDE07.png
    02F62137-C8D0-4ED5-8913-CFE021DBDE07.png
    1 MB · Views: 589
  • B7DC5A57-4396-41FA-952A-AEF690157236.png
    B7DC5A57-4396-41FA-952A-AEF690157236.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 559
  • 6C1D4BF6-2716-455D-BE5F-325DE71C59FE.png
    6C1D4BF6-2716-455D-BE5F-325DE71C59FE.png
    624.3 KB · Views: 574
Is too heavy. The Atom X Carbon is oNly 42lb with 700wh. 6k. The Besv actually took the design from Bh. ..

Sorry for keep mentioning it but unfortunately there’s no other ebike with 5Year warranty , 2year warranty for battery, minimum issues(Most likely since it’s a BH) , carbon frame, 700wh battery. Look at this Terrestrial Spaceship :
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
I’m already saving up for it by eating and cooking at home 90% of the time😉. Had to let the Atom X Lynx 6 Pro go b/c it was too heavy -58lb !! Someone got a nice deal From Crazylenny for 1980$ from 6k.

The Atom X Carbon 5.5 looks like a great ride. It appears to have the same design and weight as the BESV at 42 lbs... see the specs posted above.

I also have a BH Rebel Lynx 5.5 27.5" PW-X from Lennys with the 2yr/5yr warranty... unbeatable value and performance for $2K. ;)

1577171787048.png

The Besv is 60lb ( is an error where they put 42lb !) vs 42 lb for BH .
One is aluminum (is impossible for a emtb with an aluminum frame to be 42lb ...) , the other is carbon.
Then there are much better components and a much better improved motor.

The Besv is 60lb ( is an error where they put 42lb !) vs 42 lb for BH .
One is aluminum (is impossible for a emtb with an aluminum frame to be 42lb ...) , the other is carbon.
Then there are much better components and a much better improved motor.

Thanks for clarifying... I'll post a note on Electrek to let them know the correct weight.
How did you like the Atom X Lynx 6 Pro? When are you planning to get the Atom Carbon?

Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying... I'll post a note on Electrek to let them know the correct weight.
How did you like the Atom X Lynx 6 Pro? When are planning to get the Atom Carbon?
Atom X Lynx 6 Pro

I called the shop last week, I was ready, decided to wait one more day to pay it in full , they had 3 in medium , all gone the next day !! They were only 1900$ from 6000$. This is probably the best ebike shop and they have customers from everywhere....
He had the Atom Pro RC, but I wanted full
Suspension.
Both are around 58-60lb , I will have to wait now for the 42lb Atom.

I was dissapointed to loose it but the good thing is that the Atom X Carbon is coming soon. In March/April ! And there won’t be any sales on that one for at least 2years.

It has bluetooth, GPS, the colour HUD that they were promising a year ago , the vibrating switch and the apps to see the route on the phone.

Back