Known Issues & Problems with Eahora Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

troehrkasse

EBR Webmaster
Region
USA
City
Fort Collins
No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric motors from Eahora as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

Ok, well there are a couple of issues with the Eahora folders that should be noted:

- First is the need to check the tightness of the head tube nut upon initial setup. Details about this user adjustment can be found here.

- Second is the battery rattling in the frame housing causing annoying noise and potential battery housing damage. A quick fix for this can be found here.

Known Issues with Eahora X7 Plus June 2020 edition, purchased direct from Eahora (not Amazon):
1. continued shipping issues not caused by carriers (Fedex & UPS). The X7+ model is shipped in a one-ply box lacking adequate insulation. Carton should be higher quality, provide handles for carriers, imprint the outside of the box with a graphic of a big-screen TV; where the most important issue is the grade of cardboard box.
2. damage occurs in shipping due to above: damage can occur to the wheel axle, shimano derailer, along with cosmetic scratching to bike frame. nearly every-single owner of the newest models report some or all of the above. There is also one report of a broken controller screen.
3. missing parts from installation. It was originally believed that bolts or other items may have been lost thru holes in shipping; every new owner has reported missing parts -- one crucial one: the rear suspension bolt / nut assembly.
4. missing components from product page. newest model was to include rear rack (was included) front & rear fenders (they're included, but rear fender may require cutting modification to allow for chain) along with front & rear lights (only comes with front). Also to be included was a new color controller (reportedly to ship later according to company email). In short, not a "what you see is what you get".
5. DOA Dead on Arrival: Many reports of failing clutches / motors where there is little or no torque or PAS, or in my case; a failed clutch and a DOA bike.

This is not everyone's final experience; some have fine motors and have worked through the minor issues noted. I have reached Eahora support for my doa clutch issues and their responses are hopeful; but emails aren't personally signed (i.e. "John, Customer Service Dept"); rather having only a generic signature from eahora support. Customer service needs to be more sympathetic and absolutely more personal when things go this terribly wrong. I've been promised a replacement clutch and reimbursement to have it professionally installed; others with similar issues received email noting they'd receive a new wheelset in 2 weeks.

Anyone promoting this company or its products should reconsider their prior promotions / recommendations; current Company support level (or lack of support), the goal and impacts of your endorsements, as well as any motivating factors or incentives behind your endorsement.

See updates: https://electricbikereview.com/foru...oducts-help-solutions-fixes.31293/post-300005

Last edited:
Known Issues with Eahora X7 Plus June 2020 edition, purchased direct from Eahora (not Amazon):
1. continued shipping issues not caused by carriers (Fedex & UPS). The X7+ model is shipped in a one-ply box lacking adequate insulation. Carton should be higher quality, provide handles for carriers, imprint the outside of the box with a graphic of a big-screen TV; where the most important issue is the grade of cardboard box.
2. damage occurs in shipping due to above: damage can occur to the wheel axle, shimano derailer, along with cosmetic scratching to bike frame. nearly every-single owner of the newest models report some or all of the above. There is also one report of a broken controller screen.
3. missing parts from installation. It was originally believed that bolts or other items may have been lost thru holes in shipping; every new owner has reported missing parts -- one crucial one: the rear suspension bolt / nut assembly.
4. missing components from product page. newest model was to include rear rack (was included) front & rear fenders (they're included, but rear fender may require cutting modification to allow for chain) along with front & rear lights (only comes with front). Also to be included was a new color controller (reportedly to ship later according to company email). In short, not a "what you see is what you get".
5. DOA Dead on Arrival: Many reports of failing clutches / motors where there is little or no torque or PAS, or in my case; a failed clutch and a DOA bike.

This is not everyone's final experience; some have fine motors and have worked through the minor issues noted. I have reached Eahora support for my doa clutch issues and their responses are hopeful; but emails aren't personally signed (i.e. "John, Customer Service Dept"); rather having only a generic signature from eahora support. Customer service needs to be more sympathetic and absolutely more personal when things go this terribly wrong. I've been promised a replacement clutch and reimbursement to have it professionally installed; others with similar issues received email noting they'd receive a new wheelset in 2 weeks.

Anyone promoting this company or its products should reconsider their prior promotions / recommendations; current Company support level (or lack of support), the goal and impacts of your endorsements, as well as any motivating factors or incentives behind your endorsement.
I'm going to stay on their ass about this and will be filing a dispute with PayPal. They will back me up and all of this is evidence that they shipped out junk. I'm requesting a partial refund so I can pay for the upgrades needed that should of been included.

I'm going to stay on their ass about this and will be filing a dispute with PayPal. They will back me up and all of this is evidence that they shipped out junk. I'm requesting a partial refund so I can pay for the upgrades needed that should of been included.
Great! Can you please share your experiences with me; looks like I'll be taking the same route

I may have been a little premature on letting FedEx off the hook. Several Rattan XL buyers have received their ebikes and some actually went to the So Cal warehouse to self pickup their bikes. The boxes at the warehouse appear to be in good shape so it is likely that the containerized boxes are relatively unscathed and then FedEx works it's magic on what is arguably, lightweight packaging.

I have an XL coming this week and based upon all of this, I am expecting some packaging related damage. My X7+ shipping box was pretty sorry looking on arrival and I wrote about this early in the X7 Thread. The derailleur protector was bent in, doing same to the derailleur but overall, the bike was OK. I got it going day 1 and it has been going (1400 miles) ever since. Double boxing and some additional padding would add what, $50-100 bucks to the cost? Who wouldn't be willing to pay for that insurance policy?

As to the motor/clutch issues, that is a horse of a different color.

According to my Chinese translator, this is Eahora's real company name: Zhennuo Information Technology Co., Ltd.

There are many ebike brands that simply re-label ebikes from Chinese manufacturers. They come up with a name, create a website and select options from a menu of components and walla, new ebike brand. Early guys who did this like RAD, Lectric and Sondors have been successful in creating a brand and have built an infrastructure around their branded products. The new guys trying to get into the market face more barriers like a diluted market (many brands look the same) and limited production due to C-19. It works for the consumer when you get a good product at a good price. When issues like poor QA and shipping damage due to poor packaging happen, the bubble bursts!

Consumer Complaint and Refund Request has been filed with Consumer Agencies including PayPal Resolution Center; Better Business Bureau (BBB), Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and California Dept of Consumer Affairs (CA-DCA). Anyone who has been harmed by Eahora and cannot achieve satisfactory resolution should file with these agencies.
Resources:
PayPal Customer Resolution (via your account login)
CA Dept of Consumer Affairs: https://www.dca.ca.gov/webapps/gencomplaint.php
Better Business Bureau (BBB): https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/nature-of-complaint/
Federal Trade Commission: https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc

See updates: https://electricbikereview.com/foru...oducts-help-solutions-fixes.31293/post-300005

Last edited:
Wow. Go get 'em, NYCneed...I may follow if my XC100 has severe problems when it gets here.

What about Amazon?

And eAhora themselves? They have a website you can get an account on, but don't know if they would respond to any complaint made there. I've corresponded with them and they answered within a day, but that was about my Amazon order delivery timeline, not a product complaint. I'd bet their US operations is only the warehouse, and everything is done in China.

Someone (perhaps you?) posed specific steps eAhora could take to better package their bikes, but sadly I doubt they will lift a finger to improve that. Cutouts on the boxes, double boxing or stiffer cardboard, and thicker padding inside would probably solve nearly all shipping issues. Mechanical/electrical problems are quality assurance/quality control failures.

Consumer Complaint and Refund Request has been filed with Consumer Agencies including PayPal Resolution Center; Better Business Bureau (BBB), Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and California Dept of Consumer Affairs (CA-DCA). Anyone who has been harmed by Eahora and cannot achieve satisfactory resolution should file with these agencies.
Resources:
PayPal Customer Resolution (via your account login)
CA Dept of Consumer Affairs: https://www.dca.ca.gov/webapps/gencomplaint.php
Better Business Bureau (BBB): https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/nature-of-complaint/
Federal Trade Commission: https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc
Talk about squeaky wheel ... yikes! That shite takes a lot of energy and time.

BTW, I think Sondors just cancelled your order and refunded your money ... ;-)

Talk about squeaky wheel ... yikes! That shite takes a lot of energy and time.

BTW, I think Sondors just cancelled your order and refunded your money ... ;-)
yeah... not really sure how to respond. If it "takes a lot of time and energy" and being a "squeaky wheel" in order to help prevent additional scams by Eahora and to get my $1,400 back, then it is worth it. I cannot afford to be cavalier with the loss of a total $1400. You may not know this, but I got a scratched damaged X7+ that could not be assembled due to missing parts. Spent $65 for a bikeshop to replace and assemble; only to discover the motor is inoperative. I haven't ridden a foot, nor had a moment's peace since meeting Eahora. I have a 70lb boat anchor taking up valuable space in my apartment. The company will not respond and I suspect will not survive long; not with these tactics. Good luck to those few who have managed without additional parts, expense, time and headache; and Happy Riding to All!

yeah... not really sure how to respond. If it "takes a lot of time and energy" and being a "squeaky wheel" in order to help prevent additional scams by Eahora and to get my $1,400 back, then it is worth it. I cannot afford to be cavalier with the loss of a total $1400. You may not know this, but I got a scratched damaged X7+ that could not be assembled due to missing parts. Spent $65 for a bikeshop to replace and assemble; only to discover the motor is inoperative. I haven't ridden a foot, nor had a moment's peace since meeting Eahora. I have a 70lb boat anchor taking up valuable space in my apartment. The company will not respond and I suspect will not survive long; not with these tactics. Good luck to those few who have managed without additional parts, expense, time and headache; and Happy Riding to All!
You're right NYCN4S. Someone has to hold these fly by night operations accountable. Although I've been very lucky to not have any real problems with my X7+, there are open issues and failed promises that leave a bad taste. I'm sure you will have a much better experience with Sondors and I hope that Eahora comes through with a return/refund offer. Ebiking is a new fav activity of mine and sometimes they come at a greater cost than we imagined.

I bought a Eahora AM100 in April from Eahora Direct on Amazon. Bike was assembled by me. Needed only front brake rotor straightened (shipping damage?) and minor wheel truing and brake adjustments. I rode it 3 miles. The bike was physically huge. I could not standover the toptube. I requested RMA from Eahora under their 7 day return policy. They requested that I pay almost $400 in return charges. After a week of email negotiations, the fees dropped to $100 along with $100 return shipping. Refund of total invoice less the $200 was processed by Amazon about 3 days after return.

YouTube video dated June 3rd shows eAhora has cutouts on their shipping box for the XC100. (I have seen previous YouTube "unboxing" videos where these cutouts were present but not used, i.e., not pressed in.)

Hopefully this will prevent some of the rough handling by UPS & FedEx. Maybe they ARE listening to consumer complaints of poor packaging! Of course, what parts/pieces could fall out of those cutouts? The rest of the video showing the protective padding does not seem to have been upgraded, however.

Mine is due for delivery in the next few weeks. But I worry that this is only newer shipments, and mine was probably boxed and on a boat before June 3rd. Fingers crossed that it arrives intact...

1593619429685.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought a Eahora AM100 in April from Eahora Direct on Amazon. Bike was assembled by me. Needed only front brake rotor straightened (shipping damage?) and minor wheel truing and brake adjustments. I rode it 3 miles. The bike was physically huge. I could not standover the toptube. I requested RMA from Eahora under their 7 day return policy. They requested that I pay almost $400 in return charges. After a week of email negotiations, the fees dropped to $100 along with $100 return shipping. Refund of total invoice less the $200 was processed by Amazon about 3 days after return.
So what was wrong--only that the bike was too tall for you? Gotta say, if that was the case, you could have found out the bike dimensions beforehand. Doesn't sound like an eAhora problem.

So what was wrong--only that the bike was too tall for you? Gotta say, if that was the case, you could have found out the bike dimensions beforehand. Doesn't sound like an eAhora problem.
From www.eahorabike.com's AM100 specifications:

Recommend rider heights
5'7"- 6'8"​

FWIW height is 5'8". AM100 standover height is 33". Not an Eahora problem. Just more complete sizing specifications would have shown the stepover height as being too high for me. I wouldn't have ordered. My original post was to state that Eahora actually was responsive to return process. They are not a sleazy flybynight outfit. I would buy another Eahora bike that fit me.

Back