Spitzing evolution R Pedelec (open Top speed) coming up :)

scrambler

Region
USA
City
Bay Area, CA
For that price it would be nice if it included a Rohloff.

https://www.motostrano.com/M1-Spitzing-Evolution-E-Bike-R-Pedalec-p/m1evo1.htm
M1EVO1-2T.jpg

For that price it would be nice if it included a Rohloff.

I don't know about that. I think Rohloff is an acquired taste. I've test ridden two bikes with it (one E-14, one grip shift) and found things about each I didn't like. Maybe with a Gates drive it'd be worth it, but so far only Riese & Muller have figured out a Gates belt drive on a full suspension bike.

I'm actually considering this bike. As I price alternatives, I'm finding myself within a couple grand of this, and just the battery capacity alone (over 1kWh!) in an integrated frame makes this superior, not to mention the potential of an unrestricted TQ motor.

I find myself wondering, however, if the drivetrain wouldn't benefit from the SRAM Eagle AXS instead. While the Rohloff has a 526% range, the AXS 10-50 cassette gives it a 500% range - and with wireless electronic shifting to boot! It also "makes do" with Magura's MT-5 brakes, not the top of the line MT-7 Pro. Yeah, the MT-5 is no slouch, but we're talking a $10K bike here.

I don't know about that. I think Rohloff is an acquired taste. I've test ridden two bikes with it (one E-14, one grip shift) and found things about each I didn't like. Maybe with a Gates drive it'd be worth it, but so far only Riese & Muller have figured out a Gates belt drive on a full suspension bike.

I'm actually considering this bike. As I price alternatives, I'm finding myself within a couple grand of this, and just the battery capacity alone (over 1kWh!) in an integrated frame makes this superior, not to mention the potential of an unrestricted TQ motor.

I find myself wondering, however, if the drivetrain wouldn't benefit from the SRAM Eagle AXS instead. While the Rohloff has a 526% range, the AXS 10-50 cassette gives it a 500% range - and with wireless electronic shifting to boot! It also "makes do" with Magura's MT-5 brakes, not the top of the line MT-7 Pro. Yeah, the MT-5 is no slouch, but we're talking a $10K bike here.

as a current and lucky owner of the sold out 2019 Evo, there's really not much needed to improve...the Magura MT5e brake system is a big improvement over the already fantastic braking of the previous model rt4s, this bike stops on a dime no matter what speed (as does the 2015 model!), in fact you can easily lock the front and bring the back up..the evo model also includes racing pads, the 2015 did not

i also have the extended battery, highly recommended

they added a magnetic speed sensor to the evo, the 2015 did not have one....

i also added a bash guard as with the 2015, when it got colder, was catching my pantleg in the crank

would be interested to see someone convert this from a 10sp to 11 to accommodate the axs, groupset is $2k though

Back