2024 Specialized ebikes?

Marquezdl

Region
Other
City
Medellin Colombia
Does anyone know anything about when the 2024 models will be appearing, and more importantly when they will be available for purchase globally?
currently both the Colombian and US Specialized website show extremely limited availability of many models, and no availability whatsoever of others.
my guess is that Specialized has opted to sell as much of its existing inventory as possible globally before releasing anything new,
that way they don’t have to sell noncurrent model year inventory deeply discounted….of course maybe its just that universal problem of every company on the planet, “global supply chain issues”

Just so y’all know, my lovely lil red Turbo Vado 4.0 was stolen while I was swimming at the aquatic center here in Medellin on Wednesday…the police are very optimistic and say they think there is an excellent chance it will be recovered. if not, maybe its time to get a Turbo Vado SL, but wait for model year 2024!

Just so y’all know, my lovely lil red Turbo Vado 4.0 was stolen while I was swimming at the aquatic center here in Medellin on Wednesday…the police are very optimistic and say they think there is an excellent chance it will be recovered. if not, maybe its time to get a Turbo Vado SL, but wait for model year 2024!
Sorry to hear that. File a police report! Your homeowner's insurance, or renter's insurance may cover the cost to replace it.

Oh no... I sympathise with you!

Police report filed! A big NO on the insurance. The police seem very optimistic that they will recover it….apparently Medellin has a rather comprehensive network of surveillance cams!

@Marquezdl "...my guess is that Specialized has opted to sell as much of its existing inventory as possible globally before releasing anything new,..."

Yes, this may be the case based on remaining deals and stock still barely out there on a few models. Been helping a friend on the fence who was looking some.

I'm noting a few descriptive keywords on ads and such, lately. I recently bought a '23 year Turbo Levo Comp Carbon bike, and helping a friend also looking at the so called "final" remaining deals and sizes left in the alloy bike too for him. Visited two dealers this week in NorCal who Kinda hinted at "another possible sale next week".

To your point, that may also translate to clearing out more stock, perhaps. So, essentially clearing out what remains for '23 (I guess). I called around on a few bikes listed at lower prices that were reportedly "sold", and these nearby LBS dealers selling those bikes effectively use those ads to capture buyers on possibly "ordering" a new bike, and I'm also seeing the pricing jumping back up again notably - on some bike models. Perhaps at this moment there is short supply of last year's bikes and no new supply of many '24 models coming in yet for some dealers - or that's what it seems like checking around locally at LBSs. This may vary in different countries and regions of course - I don't know.

Also, you'll see sites like Procycle listing "2024" models now, this week - yet it's difficult to discern differences between the former '23 models and now listed '24 models, using my own bike as an example. Seeing quite a bit of the new "SL" models being listed now for '24, however I wonder if those are simply late '23 bikes now listed as '24s. Guys like @Stefan Mikes and others here who track closely may know the drill of what dealers do this time of year with last-year / next-year transition.

I watched a video of the Specialized factory showroom trying to see what differences there are for '24 models. Attempting to look close, some of the bikes looked slightly updated while many still look like '23 models, and it would appear it depends on the lifecycle of each model and where its "at" in terms of its lifespan for revision perhaps.

On Google, type in "2024 Specialized" and you'll start to see some online dealers in the USA listing '24 models now, and some reviewers seem to have gotten their hands on some of the new models since late Aug/Sept timeframe for reviews. Not sure how they managed to have preference somehow, factory rep friends perhaps. Hard to tell exactly, others here from different regions may have something more/better to report.

Back