2022 turbo Vado 5 IGH battery does not secure …. Loose when pushing it in at the top.

Silvercat

Hi,
Turbo Vado 5 IGH battery does not seat firmly. Moves in about 3/8 of an inch when pushing top of battery towards frame. Should and needs to fit without movement. Any help would be appreciated. Bike has never been used much, less than 200 miles, and has never been dropped, etc. First few times, battery was difficult to remove. But, it did fit without movement. Now, when installed correctly, movement is present. Very annoying for an ebike that cost 8500.00. to say the least.
LBS that assembled have never worked on a Vado 5.

Thanks!!

Not sure what’s going, I’ve never had a problem with it. The bar ( or bolt) at the top of the battery should fit tight in the hook channel in the bike at the top, check to see if it’s still there,I always have the bottom of the battery pulled out as I push the battery firmly into the hanger and then latch at the bottom….. hope I didn’t confuse you more…. The selling dealership can’t look at it? Wow that’s sad

Not sure what’s going, I’ve never had a problem with it. The bar ( or bolt) at the top of the battery should fit tight in the hook channel in the bike at the top, check to see if it’s still there,I always have the bottom of the battery pulled out as I push the battery firmly into the hanger and then latch at the bottom….. hope I didn’t confuse you more…. The selling dealership can’t look at it? Wow that’s sad
Also if it’s not tight at the bottom you need to turn the key to make it tight, you probably know that, trying to cover everything that would cause the battery not to be tight

Also if it’s not tight at the bottom you need to turn the key to make it tight, you probably know that, trying to cover everything that would cause the battery not to be tight
Thanks, really appreciate your suggestions.
I am aware of that key situation.
Very odd, as the first couple of times, I did not detect any battery movement when installed.
I will try again tomorrow, keeping Your suggestions in mind. I certainly have tried different angles when inserting battery…only so many options there of course.
I notice there are about 3 screws n the top section of the battery cover. Maybe some adjustment there might solve my issue. Sure does not make any sense to me that I would have that issue.

The LBS has agreed to take a look. But, I am not terribly confident with them as they have never worked on a Vado before. Although, they can easily contact Specialized for assistance.
Thanks again!

PS. Great to know you have not experienced that issue.

When I remove the battery on my 3.0 I turn the key, remove the battery, then turn it back to where it was. Replacing the battery is fiddly, but I make sure the bottom is seated correctly, then put the top part in place. I have to hit the battery with the palm of my hand for it to seat properly. Hope this helps.

When I remove the battery on my 3.0 I turn the key, remove the battery, then turn it back to where it was. Replacing the battery is fiddly, but I make sure the bottom is seated correctly, then put the top part in place. I have to hit the battery with the palm of my hand for it to seat properly. Hope this helps.
I am surprised you put the bottom in place before the top. Thought you have to secure the top over that inside bolt or ridge, then swing the bottom part in, followed by turning the key to lock.
Thanks. I plan to check later today.

I am surprised you put the bottom in place before the top. Thought you have to secure the top over that inside bolt or ridge, then swing the bottom part in, followed by turning the key to lock.
Thanks. I plan to check later today.
The electrical terminals are on the bottom on my 3.0. Are they in the same place on your bike?

I had to mess with mine for a while one day until I figured out the easiest way for the battery to seat in place. Turning the key back to the “locked” position first helped a lot. The lock mechanism is spring loaded, so the battery just snaps in place when I have everything lined up right and hit it with my hand.

The electrical terminals are on the bottom on my 3.0. Are they in the same place on your bike?

I had to mess with mine for a while one day until I figured out the easiest way for the battery to seat in place. Turning the key back to the “locked” position first helped a lot. The lock mechanism is spring loaded, so the battery just snaps in place when I have everything lined up right and hit it with my hand.
Thanks…I will take a closer look. Yes, the terminals are located on the bottom as well with my Vado 5.

Has anyone adjusted the 3 small screws located the underside, top area, of the Vado 5 battery compartment? The screws are clearly there for a reason and I seems logical they have something to do with the position of that inside ‘ridge’ where the top of the battery fits over. If that ‘ridge’ part were moved inward a bit, perhaps that would eliminate the battery from being pushed inwards the top…a better, tighter fit at the top. Just curious if anyone has adjusted those screws.

I am tempted to try that but my best bet would be to take the bike to a dealer as it still is under is one year comprehensive warranty.
I really want to enjoy this very expensive ebike!

I also notice that the bike has dropped about 1,800.00 in price. Sales cannot be that good.
Thanks!

Hi all,
Going back to Silvercat's question, has anyone tried adjusting or removing those three screws? I'd like to remove the screws & battery bar holder to access wiring....but I'm hesitant in case the position and fit of battery are fine tuned by those screws.

Back