2020 Vado Bluetooth Mission Control pairing issues

Phyz

So I could not get Mission Control to connect. It made an effort, asked for the code. Code appeared on TCDw. I typed in the code. It didn’t connect, but gave me another code. I typed in the second code. It didn’t connect.

Okay, let’s delete the bike from the app and try it all again. Add a new bike. It finds the bike. But it will not connect. No codes requested. It knows the bike, and it will not connect. Every couple of seconds a banner reemerges from the bottom of the screen in red to remind me that the bike is now disconnected.

Turn bike off. Turn bike on. Same result. Delete app. Reinstall app. Same result.

Checking paperwork, nothing in the documentation seems to refer to the app. Website is keen to extol the virtues of Mission Control. Describes what should have happened during pairing. Doesn’t offer much in terms of troubleshooting the pairing. It’s just supposed to work.

As an amusing insult, powering the bike off brings a message of hope in the form of a “now connecting” banner. But ... connecting doesn’t happen: the bike is turned off.

But I don’t give up easily. I backed out of the app and went to Settings>Bluetooth. Deleted the bike there. Then went back to the app and tried to pair. Now it gave me a code. Entered. Bike didn’t like it. Gave me a second code. Entered it. Hey Mikey! He likes it!

Much harder than it needed to be.

Android (what version) or iOS? I still cannot pair my Android 10 phone but can the Android 9 tablet...
P.S. If you ask me, the whole Bluetooth technology has been a crap from the beginning. The only BT device I own that works properly is my car audio...

iOS 13.5.1 (most up to date) on an iPhone 8 (c. 2018).

Pairing the Vado was harder than any other thing I ever paired. And I’ve paired plenty of things.

Bluetooth is a funny beast: 10-m radio broadcast! But it’s been made commercially viable.

Friends!

Impossible turned to be possible. Perhaps it was some software update, not sure about that. I started the Mission Control App on my Android 10 smartphone. The app was trying to connect to my Vado and reported wrong PIN on pairing (it has never happened before). I went into the Bluetooth settings and clicked the bike's name. Out of sudden, the pairing request popped up. On my third attempt I was able to pair the phone with the bike!

I'm so happy!
Screenshot_20200605_125956.jpg

Had my Vado at desler for service and they updated the firmware. To my surprise
Friends!

Impossible turned to be possible. Perhaps it was some software update, not sure about that. I started the Mission Control App on my Android 10 smartphone. The app was trying to connect to my Vado and reported wrong PIN on pairing (it has never happened before). I went into the Bluetooth settings and clicked the bike's name. Out of sudden, the pairing request popped up. On my third attempt I was able to pair the phone with the bike!

I'm so happy!
View attachment 54475
Your app is broken. Just look at the letters randomly thrown out here and there. Makes no sense :D ;)

Last edited:
Had my Vado at LBS the other day and they updated the firmware ( forgot to ask what’s new or fixed)
To my surprise the app and bike connected without problem. They then turned the bike off to connect the TCD to a computer to adjust wheel cicumference and after that the connecting required an extra restart but that was all. No need to enter code again.

English is actually my second language and, for example, my Windows is in English same as Microsoft Office etc. I keep Polish on my smartphone for a single reason: the car GPS navigation. It is the most safe if I vocalise my destination to the GPS app, such as "chrząszczyżewoszyce powiat łękołody" :D If the smartphone were in English, the app wouldn't understand what I was saying! :D

Unfortunately, it affects all Android apps. The MC is badly written. Not only the font is wrong but also automatic translations from English make me laugh... Yet, the MC works.

I've always been at great impression of Sweden where even ten-year-old kids speak good English! If there's a foreigner in a group of Swedes, the Swedish almost automatically switch to English to be polite. Nice country, Sweden. And that's "the only country where the clouds are interesting" ;)

I try to learn as much language as I can when visiting a country as tourist, but I have yet to visit Poland. I have used Duolingo to get somewhat familiar with Brazilian Portuguese and Norwegian.

If nothing else, it made me cringe when fellow Americans said “gracias” to their Brazilian hosts. 😖

And I learned the importance of emphasizing that last O when I said “obrigado”. The first O? You can leave it off. But that last O identifies your gender!

Back