Mission Control lost my Creo....

kahn

Region
USA
City
northWET washington
(solved but why?? - so I will still take suggestions)

Went down to take a ride. Open Mission Control. Just a circle "connecting" and no connection. Tried a bunch of times. Closed Mission Control completely - oh, Android Pixel 6 Pro. Which has been fine for about a year.

Still could not connect. Maybe foolishly I deleted the Creo from the app. Now when I select add a bike, nothing shows up. While I would suspect BT, I don't know. My Specialized mini-computer is connected to the bike. So is my Garmin but I don't know if that's BT or that other protocol.

I've turned the bike on/off a few times. Is there some initial trick to pairing or just turn on the bike?

Edited to add: Well, came up, used this computer. Decided to try again. This time the Creo showed up or, at least, some bike did. I selected it. Interesting, it did not ask the pairing code which is inside that stupid top tube device! Maybe the manual has that label.

H E L P

Last edited:
You need Torx T10 to remove the TCU. Take a photo of your PIN... (I have entered my PIN into a password app called KeePass).

You need Torx T10 to remove the TCU. Take a photo of your PIN... (I have entered my PIN into a password app called KeePass).
Yeah, but that's not really the question. Actually, I may have already done that. But why or why did Mission Control (or any g-d computer program) lose my connection.

Yes, I know that having been in a former, former, former life a computer programmer!
everything is buggy it seems worse anymore. my iPhone has enough bugs. my wife who is blind has far more bugs then me using VoiceOver. our HomePods my wife calls dumb balls. I have two bosch bikes and the nyons both have different bugs.

But why or why did Mission Control (or any g-d computer program) lose my connection.
Cannot answer that. However, I had a kind of "Black Friday" yesterday.

I use Sony WH-1000XM4 (the previous version of highly acclaimed and expensive headset). Yesterday, I set up a remote training session with a customer in Norway. The headset had such a strange behaviour I had to give up using it and eventually I was using my laptop computer audio. Now, I needed to contact the customer for joining yet another remote session and then the e-mail system refused to send mail (from any account), The customer had his phone on DND so I could not give him a call.

If he did not call me himself, I don't know how it would end. (During the session, the audio disconnected for several minutes...)

And you kahn are asking why your Mission Control lost the connection with Creo :D

Back