Mission Control not connecting to my Creo

kahn

Region
USA
City
northWET washington
This is the second ride in a row where I've fired up Mission Control (MC) and all it did was "spin" and say "connecting" but never did connect. I turned on/off/on the Creo and forced closed MC. I even UNinstalled it today. That did not help either. It has generally worked for the last two years, although about a month ago, it would not connect to my Creo. Today, after UNinstalling, it found the the Creo (serial number) but never connected.

Ideas?

This is the second ride in a row where I've fired up Mission Control (MC) and all it did was "spin" and say "connecting" but never did connect. I turned on/off/on the Creo and forced closed MC. I even UNinstalled it today. That did not help either. It has generally worked for the last two years, although about a month ago, it would not connect to my Creo. Today, after UNinstalling, it found the the Creo (serial number) but never connected.

Ideas?
  • Try unpairing your Creo from the smartphone's Bluetooth list first
  • If Mission Control reports the Creo in the list of known e-bikes, remove the Creo from there
  • Having the Creo on, go to Bluetooth settings, see if your Creo is there in Unpaired Devices. Try to pair Creo (the message will be pairing could be only done from an app).
  • Start Mission Control, go to where you normally search for new e-bikes. Select Creo there.
  • Mission Control will ask for a PIN. Enter the PIN.
I hope you have the PIN?

• Try unpairing your Creo from the smartphone's Bluetooth list first
  • If Mission Control reports the Creo in the list of known e-bikes, remove the Creo from there
  • Having the Creo on, go to Bluetooth settings, see if your Creo is there in Unpaired Devices. Try to pair Creo (the message will be pairing could be only done from an app).
  • Start Mission Control, go to where you normally search for new e-bikes. Select Creo there.
  • Mission Control will ask for a PIN. Enter the PIN.
I hope you have the PIN?
It took a bunch of effort this morning. On/Off. On/Off. I reset the TCU (or whatever the toptube thingie is called). Phone BT on/off and again. Phone on/off. Connecting.... Then one more time. Connected - until the next time I want to use it on a bike ride.

Speaking of electronics, I'm supporting a friend who is having Cardio Ablation today and for a few days after. She's a bit nervous but has had bout's of wild heart rate for years. We spent hours in a tent at 10,000 feet with a heart rate of about 120+. Finally, convinced her we needed to break camp in frigid weather and with others camping nearby. Warmed up the car for a good while, limped her to warm car and quietly as possible (NOISE!) took down the tent and cooking gear. Below 9,000 feet she returned to normal. Scary.

Oh, and I do have my PIN number. I should check and see if I can connect now just for grins

Back