2020 Vado 5.0 SR Suntour NCX E25 Front Fork Adjustment

How do you adjust the preload? The knob on top is really stiff -- too hard to turn by hand. I used a pair of pliers and turned it about 1/8 turn CCW to lighten it, but it was still so difficult to move that I was afraid of breaking something. Is this how to do it? How far can it be rotated in either direction?

How do you adjust the preload? The knob on top is really stiff -- too hard to turn by hand. I used a pair of pliers and turned it about 1/8 turn CCW to lighten it, but it was still so difficult to move that I was afraid of breaking something. Is this how to do it? How far can it be rotated in either direction?
Took a look at both of our Vados. The Preload knob (see photo) rotates with reasonable force on both and can be turned several turns in either direction (+ or -). I didn't need a tool to rotate the knob. It has detents (clicks) every 1/8th turn or so. As I rotated the Preload knob I could feel the difference in the fork's response so it seems to be OK on ours. Maybe have it checked out at your LBS?

Attachments

• Preload.jpg
    Preload.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 373
I cranked my preload all the way + by hand today. I actually thought I had it all the way there but I didn’t. It’s an improvement.

The rebound knob seems to spin endlessly... 🤔

Took a look at both of our Vados. The Preload knob (see photo) rotates with reasonable force on both and can be turned several turns in either direction (+ or -). I didn't need a tool to rotate the knob. It has detents (clicks) every 1/8th turn or so. As I rotated the Preload knob I could feel the difference in the fork's response so it seems to be OK on ours. Maybe have it checked out at your LBS?
It turned out it came with the adjustment all the way to the soft side; I had figured it would be set somewhere in the middle. I can turn it clockwise and then back to where it started, but it's already set as soft as it's going to get.

Back