2020 Road-E+ Pros

IonLion

Any thoughts on the new Road-Es?

"Another major update with the latest Road E+ Pro is its battery system. The new integrated EnergyPak Smart compact battery contains 375Wh of energy. For extremely long rides you can equip it with the EnergyPak Plus Range Extender for an added 250Wh of battery power. The EnergyPak 6A Fast Charger rmakes charging quick, safe and efficient, and can charge to 80% in about 90 minutes. "

The new bike sure looks a lot better. When I first looked at the size of the new downtube I thought it had a 500wh battery. I was surprised to find out it was 375Wh.

Well, they’ve learned how to sell a negative.

Beyond that:

Love the looks, especially that gray color

Like that they have retained the Giant display, I hate having to involve my iPhone in what the bike wants to do instead of what I want to do with it

Sorry to see no SRAM shifting, love it on myToughRoad

I note that so far at least there is no information on a US version, which presumably will be Class 3... though maybe not, with the increasing activity across many states - and Federal agencies now as well - to legitimize Class 1 bikes. Who knows how this will play out.

Last edited:

Any thoughts on the new Road-Es?

"Another major update with the latest Road E+ Pro is its battery system. The new integrated EnergyPak Smart compact battery contains 375Wh of energy. For extremely long rides you can equip it with the EnergyPak Plus Range Extender for an added 250Wh of battery power. The EnergyPak 6A Fast Charger rmakes charging quick, safe and efficient, and can charge to 80% in about 90 minutes. "
So why haven’t they kept with the 500wh battery, I assume you will have to pay £400 for the extender battery to get the same mileage?.

So why haven’t they kept with the 500wh battery, I assume you will have to pay £400 for the extender battery to get the same mileage?.
There's also another new model that's not yet on the Giant Canada (or US) website. My dealer showed me photos and the spec page back at the end of July. It's called the Fastroad E+ EX Pro and my dealer thought I'd be very interested in it. But I was turned off by the fact that it only has a 375v battery and no front suspension. At the time he didn't have a price for the add-on 250w "Range Extender" battery but the bike was $3999 Canadian. That bike also had lower quality components than the 2019 Explore E+1 that I ended up with.

i-qJSCwR5.jpg

Nice looking bike but why use a 375Wh battery? Seems like a marketing ploy to get people to buy the (expensive) range extender...

I will be sticking with my 2018 Road E+1 Pro for a while yet, just love this amazing bike :D

That bike looks like a nice commuter.
It wouldn't have been for me... at least not without the range extender battery. The only thing I really liked about it was that it has the 6-sensor technology instead of only 4. Overall I liked the features and components of the 2019 Explore E+1 GTS more, which is why I got that. (And I'm usually someone who likes to have the latest and greatest.)

It wouldn't have been for me... at least not without the range extender battery. The only thing I really liked about it was that it has the 6-sensor technology instead of only 4. Overall I liked the features and components of the 2019 Explore E+1 GTS more, which is why I got that. (And I'm usually someone who likes to have the latest and greatest.)

Yeah, actually come to think of it, I guess it might make sense to go with the smaller battery on the lightweight road ebikes, but unless this bike is less than say 35 lbs. then the battery is small for a commuter.

My local giant bike store has it. It really looks nice when you see the bike in person.
I think Giant decided to install a smaller battery to save on weight from 47 pounds of the 2019 model to 39 pounds of the 2020 model.
Most people do not need to go over 62-65 miles which is the eco mode 2020 bike range (100km). Those few who once in a while want to cover up to 100-110 miles will purchase the battery extender. Overall the 2020 bike looks better, it is slimmer and it is lighter. Afterall Giant had to keep up with the current market. The $6500 specialized Creo Comp Carbon is around 31-32 pounds. The Cannondale Neo is 39 pounds with battery size large, 32lb without battery.

Last edited:
I found it online.
The listed weight of the sworks is 27 pounds. The comp is listed at 30 pounds. However I wrote 31-32 because I will ride the xl size. I know, they are light.
The cannondale and giant, I weighted them myself.

I found it online.
The listed weight of the sworks is 27 pounds. The comp is listed at 30 pounds. However I wrote 31-32 because I will ride the xl size. I know, they are light.
The cannondale and giant, I weighted them myself.
Hello i am a new member, I am from New Brunswick Canada. I order my giant road e Pro 2020 last week. It is suppose to be here at the end of January, because Giant warehouse in Canada is close until the second of January. I was looking for informations on the web, for a couples of months on the bike, no body had any informations, so I asked my local store ,for the battery at 375watts for the mileage compare which the 500watts of last year, and the price of the new extended energy pack 250 watts. We had a look in is book of 2020 giant bikes and saw the new energy pack 250 watt . Price is $699 Canadien dollars not comparable with all of the bikes . The mileage for the new bike is going to be around 110km for one full charge on Eco. The speed in all of Canada, the cut off is 32Km in hour. If somebody has more informations please let me know.

Hello i am a new member, I am from New Brunswick Canada. I order my giant road e Pro 2020 last week. It is suppose to be here at the end of January, because Giant warehouse in Canada is close until the second of January. I was looking for informations on the web, for a couples of months on the bike, no body had any informations, so I asked my local store ,for the battery at 375watts for the mileage compare which the 500watts of last year, and the price of the new extended energy pack 250 watts. We had a look in is book of 2020 giant bikes and saw the new energy pack 250 watt . Price is $699 Canadien dollars not comparable with all of the bikes . The mileage for the new bike is going to be around 110km for one full charge on Eco. The speed in all of Canada, the cut off is 32Km in hour. If somebody has more informations please let me know.

Thanks for the quote about the Range Extender. Bit expansive though. For a 250Wh, I would have hoped/expected a price closer to 500$ (they 500Wh battery replacement is about 1100$ Cad).

I just received my bike last week and the dealer charge my battery of 375W to a hundred percent and The display is showing on Eco mode 100Km. It’s not much l calculated for every 125W of battery it’s gone give
You 32 to 33 KM of range. For the Giant apps , for tuning my power to each mode I downloaded the app on my phone, that is an Android Samsung it recognize my bike and my profile, l try to tune the Eco modes etc...
And never could. A lot of people I think can’t do anything with the Android phone. Next I try it with my Apple IPad and it worked perfectly. If someone has more informations for the Android phone that doesn’t connect
with the App and can solve my problem let me know please.

375wh is not bad, after all some of us are still using Bosch 400wh packs which is almost the same capacity. Especially on a road bike where someone uses the power on the hills or getting up to speed only. The key here is the weight of the bicycle? How light is it?

Also for the price I would have expected the 250wh extender to be included.

375wh is not bad, after all some of us are still using Bosch 400wh packs which is almost the same capacity. Especially on a road bike where someone uses the power on the hills or getting up to speed only. The key here is the weight of the bicycle? How light is it?

Also for the price I would have expected the 250wh extender to be included.

For the weight it is around 40 pounds. Pretty heavy I just sold my giant xtc and my Propel Advanced Pro Disc Ultegra DI2 2018 that was light.But I ordered that bike to do the road and a little bit of off road ,so today I am going to order some 50mm crosscut giant tires to put on the bike and the extended powerpak because I no the big tires are gonna be harder on the battery.

Rejeanne I'm curious, in the app does it show the power you are putting out as well as how much the bike is providing? I'm wondering if they're taking advantage of the built-in power meter and providing that information. It's something the Creo does and it provides some additional value since power meters are not cheap.

Rejeanne I'm curious, in the app does it show the power you are putting out as well as how much the bike is providing? I'm wondering if they're taking advantage of the built-in power meter and providing that information. It's something the Creo does and it provides some additional value since power meters are not cheap.
Me I no that my display Evo that I receive whith the bike give me the speed avg speed millage and the cadence and whith the average of the battery millage left I no the apps only work with my apple iPad it tell you all the same thing but you can tune the 5 level eco goes from 50% to 100% and the rest goes to 360%

Back