2020 Giant Trance E+3 Pro energypak not charging

Hi there, my Trance E+ 3 Pro energypak isn’t charging, any ideas? It doesn‘t charge at all via the smart charger, plugged either directly into the bike or when the battery is removed. The LED light on the smart charger is briefly green when I turn it on, but within a second goes red and stays red. It should be flashing green. The white LEDs on the energypak should be on, but they are off.
I’ve searched online forums and websites, and there’s no mention of this problem.
Cheers
My bikes less than a week old I have the same problem so so far we think it’s the contacts at the bottom of the battery which is a problem because the context don’t work with the remote plug-in wants to batteries removed and

Checked and cleaned the connection tabs already, doesn't seem to be the issue.
Since the battery is not fully discharged (had like 30% remaining) and it's not powering up the bike anymore, I'm guessing something went wrong with the battery management system or something like that.

I emailed my dealer, will see what they say...we are already 3 people on this thread with apparently the same issue on a 2020 model, seems like a common failure ?
Update : it's apparently a charger issue. They replaced my battery and it still wasn't working, then they gave me a new charger and it's working again

Update : it's apparently a charger issue. They replaced my battery and it still wasn't working, then they gave me a new charger and it's working again
Good to know. I have to wait a week for the dealer to get to my bike and they’re going to run a diagnostic that apparently is something that giant has.

Good to know. I have to wait a week for the dealer to get to my bike and they’re going to run a diagnostic that apparently is something that giant has.
My bike was tuned and it wasn't an issue, if that's what you're worried about. I obviously removed the tuning device before handing it out to them though, which was a pain

Yep, same here. Solid red and connected. Tried a few times with no change. Battery shows a full charge so should be green constant as completed. I have ridden this thing 3 times and now issues. I guess no ride for a while.

Yep, same here. Solid red and connected. Tried a few times with no change. Battery shows a full charge so should be green constant as completed. I have ridden this thing 3 times and now issues. I guess no ride for a while.

When a Giant battery is over, say, 92%, the charger will stay red and no charging on an attempt to recharge. It is normal. Discharge the battery to 90% then you can recharge it to 100%.

This is great to know,,,Thanks!!!! that should be in the instruction book somewhere. Sure many have lost sleep over it,,, Again thanks...!!!

I have the same problem. I have had the my Momentum Transend e+ since mid April 2021. The bike has performed flaw less until June 16th 2021. On June 15 the battery was a little over 50% discharged and I decided to put the battery on charge over night. The morning of the 16th the charge light was red. It should have been a solid green. I unplugged and re plugged several times and still a red light. I pushed the button on the bottom of the battery and got two bars. I put the battery in the bike and turned it on and got all of the lights to light up for a second and then nothing. I took the bike to the dealer on the 16th and they said a tech rep. from Giant would be there that day to teach the dealer how to use a new trouble shooting instrument and they would probably use my bike as a learning tool. I called back on the 17th to find out the results and the person I talked to said they were swamped with work and haven't touched my bike. I wasn't the same person I talked to on the 16th so he may or may not know anything. Frustrating!

Back