2020 Domane+ LT 9 (Fazua drive system)

e-boy

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/...mane-lt/domane-lt-9/p/32579/?colorCode=purple
1579266645773.png

From Trek website:
"It's right for you if...
You're an avid road rider searching for an e-bike that looks and rides like a traditional road bike. You want an electric drive system that's so lightweight and efficient you almost won't notice it until you flip the switch for a strategic boost of power."

I was considering buying a regular Domane so this bike is interesting to me except for the price. I noticed that Trek only makes an aluminum frame on the Domane and a fairly low end bike that is spec'ed with Sora. So I don't hold out hope they'll make a cheaper version of the Domane+ in an aluminum frame.

I'm looking at both the Creo and Domane+. I've been waiting for the aluminum models of Creo before I buy one which I would have expected to be released by now, but hasn't.

I'll test ride both bikes before I buy. Leaning towards the Specialized but we'll see after I ride them. The Domane+ will have to be better since it costs more. If it's pretty close between the two I'll probably go with the Creo because it's less expensive.

Thanks Steve, I find that bike interesting but not sure I want a fixed gear bike. I will have to think about why I want an electric bike though as ultimately maybe I don't need the motor at this time. Several years ago I got the electric bike because I was commuting to work and needed to rush back home in a reasonable time because I had to pick up kids at daycare. Those days are over now as they're in their teens. So I can ride home slowly most days if I wish.

But the other reason I thought a motor would be nice is that I have some friends who race Cat 3 and on longer rides say 70km's to 120 km's I have trouble keeping up on the hills. Generally the flats are ok as I can just sit on wheels. It's the hills where I get dropped so I don't see this fixed gear electric bike suiting that purpose, but it probably works fine as a commuter.

Will have to give it some further thought but my initial reaction is that it's close but not quite there.

Thanks Steve, I find that bike interesting but not sure I want a fixed gear bike. I will have to think about why I want an electric bike though as ultimately maybe I don't need the motor at this time. Several years ago I got the electric bike because I was commuting to work and needed to rush back home in a reasonable time because I had to pick up kids at daycare. Those days are over now as they're in their teens. So I can ride home slowly most days if I wish.

But the other reason I thought a motor would be nice is that I have some friends who race Cat 3 and on longer rides say 70km's to 120 km's I have trouble keeping up on the hills. Generally the flats are ok as I can just sit on wheels. It's the hills where I get dropped so I don't see this fixed gear electric bike suiting that purpose, but it probably works fine as a commuter.

Will have to give it some further thought but my initial reaction is that it's close but not quite there.
Sure ,makes sense .Well if you ever test one of those on a hill I would be interested in your take on it.

I test rode a custom painted base version ($6999 before tax) yesterday and I felt it got along pretty great.

I'm a clydesdale rider (6'4", 245 pounds) and while it wasn't even close to my size, I was impressed by its ability to move me quickly right up to the limit over flat ground. I was able to get up in the big ring and run between the top 2 cogs easily. I would normally be riding the small ring this time of year on an analog bike, so this felt awesome! The slight hills here were not an issue as long as you were sensitive to the being in the right gear, with plenty of assistance in both river, and rocket mode. It was very smooth both in activation and top out, with no surges or jerks. I could barely hear the motor at all, even in the top or "rocket" mode.

I do think I could do a group ride with this motor. I verified it topping out at (slightly above) 20 mph, but that seemed completely adequate, or maybe even too fast for the NYC/Manhattan streets & bike paths, but maybe I'd feel different outside of this area.

The bike itself was very nicely built, and I was truly impressed by Trek's cable management, and overall fit and finish. Very slick. It had no rattles, and I really like Trek's iso-speed seat post. The base level Domane+ LT is a much better deal than the 7 or 9. It is equipped with Full Ultegra (not Di2, but shifts very nicely anyway) and DT Swiss alloy wheels with straight pull hubs/spokes.

I don't know that I'd spend my money for dura-ace on any e-bike, maybe carbon wheels though. I think the achilles heal for this one might be the battery size/efficiency.

I haven't ridden Ebikemotion yet, anybody have any comparison experience of the USA class 1 version?

I still need to try the Creo, but this one might be in the hunt.

I test rode a custom painted base version ($6999 before tax) yesterday and I felt it got along pretty great.

I'm a clydesdale rider (6'4", 245 pounds) and while it wasn't even close to my size, I was impressed by its ability to move me quickly right up to the limit over flat ground. I was able to get up in the big ring and run between the top 2 cogs easily. I would normally be riding the small ring this time of year on an analog bike, so this felt awesome! The slight hills here were not an issue as long as you were sensitive to the being in the right gear, with plenty of assistance in both river, and rocket mode. It was very smooth both in activation and top out, with no surges or jerks. I could barely hear the motor at all, even in the top or "rocket" mode.

I do think I could do a group ride with this motor. I verified it topping out at (slightly above) 20 mph, but that seemed completely adequate, or maybe even too fast for the NYC/Manhattan streets & bike paths, but maybe I'd feel different outside of this area.

The bike itself was very nicely built, and I was truly impressed by Trek's cable management, and overall fit and finish. Very slick. It had no rattles, and I really like Trek's iso-speed seat post. The base level Domane+ LT is a much better deal than the 7 or 9. It is equipped with Full Ultegra (not Di2, but shifts very nicely anyway) and DT Swiss alloy wheels with straight pull hubs/spokes.

I don't know that I'd spend my money for dura-ace on any e-bike, maybe carbon wheels though. I think the achilles heal for this one might be the battery size/efficiency.

I haven't ridden Ebikemotion yet, anybody have any comparison experience of the USA class 1 version?

I still need to try the Creo, but this one might be in the hunt.
Yes that seatpost is very interesting ,thanks for your input!

So I am considering buying the Domane LT+ or the Specialized Creo comp SL. I have read enough about the Specialized to feel pretty good about it. There is no test reports on the Trek and there appears to be none to test ride around me. The only Specialized is in downtown Chicago and it is February in Chicagoland. Anyhow I do really appreciate those who are in areas that can test ride the Trek to get their thoughts. Thanks for accepting me this is my first post. I am 62 who mountain bikes with a non electric Santa Cruz but kinda quit road biking with my Trek Madone just because of time etc. I am probably a typical buyer for an E road bike. Thanks again

Ty, i didn't realized that the + LT does have double crankset. That is probably the only real benefit compared to the +HP.

That and the fact that the bike can double as a regular, non-electric road bike. Now I know you've been all over the forum claiming this isn't possible. And if you are correct, then it isn't just the motor manufacturer (Fazua - who you claim is Chinese) lying to us but also the manufacturers who are building bikes using the system. As this is from Trek's marketing:

1583023171204.png

Back