2019 Explore E+1 Motor wire routing?

Mtl_Biker

Has anyone seen some kind of guide about how the motor wiring should be routed? I’ve had the motor pivoted down (on the back bottom bolt) and I can’t for the life of me get the wiring routed back the way it should be. Every time I bring the motor back up into place I find there‘s some wire left that either will pinch or prevent the motor from returning into place.

I really should know better.... take lots of photos while disassembling to use as a guide for reassembly. I didn’t do that. SIGH

There just seems to be too much wire (and connectors) to fit back into the frame tubes. Maybe since this is a “small” frame it‘s more difficult.

At the very least, maybe I can get some sympathy?

They always make it looks so easy in the videos!
I haven't seen a video, but the PDF with photos sure makes it sound and look easy. :) But they are also not showing the details of the harder part, just saying "Stow all in the frame tube" and "Fold the motor up again, making sure no cables were squeezed." SIGH

I've still got the bike disassembled in my living room.

I don't know which make/model bike they're using in the illustration but they have a Syncdrive Sport that has different mounting than mine... maybe it's from an earlier model year.

(I'm trying to install a BikeSpeed RS... and I'm coming to the belief that with a small frame Explore E+1, there just isn't enough room.)

Back