2016 Turbo X...no lights?!

RobW

I'm poking around and from what I can see, there are no integrated lights on the 2016 Turbo X. I posted in the thread with the sneak peak video, and it is clear in that video at 28 minutes that there are no lights on the Turbo X, only on the Turbo S and the Turbo. You can have suspension, or you can have lights, but you can't have both?

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Keep in mind you can fit integrated lights. The 2016 Turbo X has the same motor and battery specs as the 2015 Turbo S. I guess they were focusing more on those details and didn't want to add the extra $300 for the lights.

Thanks Chris that is very helpful. Am I understanding correctly that it is possible to wire in integrated lights well? Part of the reason I want one of these babies is to avoid the inevitable "oh crap i forgot to charge my light i hope i don't die" on the ride home. 1 thing to charge, the bike. I would hate to have crappy wires flopping all over as a result as well. Thank you!

I ride with light on at all time on a road bike for urban riding. I do notice the difference in other traffic response especially when cross traffic has a stop sign an they may underestimate your speed.. I wouldn't ride my Turbo without them.

Just spoke to my local Specialized Turbo dealer and he confirmed the bike comes with no integrated lights. He did not know if it was possible to rig some up. He also made a good point that you could easily void a warranty doing something like this.

DEAR SPECIALIZED: WHY U NO HAVE LIGHTS ON TURBO X?! And can I put some integrated lights on without voiding the warranty? If yes, how?

Back